Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 03:57 PM

89 posts, read 116,424 times

Advertisements

Most people do cheat. At least once.
I remember when growing up most married couples I knew had somebody on the side. Both sides, not just the guy. I don't know did my parents cheated on each other. I don't think so .My dad was to scared mom would leave him. Some cheated until they could. Often second marriage was more faithful. One guy had a girlfriend and a wife. He publicly dated this chick. His wife was to embarrassed to shop wen in grocery stores.
Once, years ago, I work in daycare. Lots of dads very looking for somebody, checking teachers out. Milkman was a real player, flirted heavily, made some comments about sex.had a wife and baby at home. So sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2015, 04:02 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwestW View Post
I remember when growing up most married couples I knew had somebody on the side. Both sides, not just the guy. I don't know did my parents cheated on each other. I don't think so .My dad was to scared mom would leave him. Some cheated until they could. Often second marriage was more faithful. One guy had a girlfriend and a wife. He publicly dated this chick. His wife was to embarrassed to shop wen in grocery stores.
Once, years ago, I work in daycare. Lots of dads very looking for somebody, checking teachers out. Milkman was a real player, flirted heavily, made some comments about sex.had a wife and baby at home. So sad.
I'm pretty sure mine did, but they are still together.

Old 08-21-2015, 04:08 PM

3,507 posts, read 764,833 times
strangely enuff i would never have cheated on my wife .. she divorced me 35 years ago for a friend .. yet i have had fun with some married women since ..

Old 08-21-2015, 04:21 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Make no mistake, I've contributed to their betrayal, obviously.
Great answer! You do have clarity. It isn't always obvious to everyone though...

Many of "the cheated" fail to accept that. The actual infidelity is often the symptom of a problem that both husband and wife are responsible for.

Not making excuses and yes.. i do accept that there are some people that will cheat no matter the state of the marriage.

Old 08-21-2015, 05:34 PM

1,690 posts, read 3,617,568 times
Quote:
marriage is hard, and our society does nothing to prepare us for it. we're given classes on algebra, english literature, etc., things that are not terribly useful to most people in real life, but typically no education is given on how to live and grow together as a couple.
This. Absolutely. My now ex was always thinking things would "get better" (he had two doctoral degrees) in our marriage but could not describe how things could be made "better".

Old 08-21-2015, 05:56 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
It's not a good feeling to be betrayed. Makes one feel like [bleep], second class, rejected, unworthy... .

Such is life. Got to put it behind you, hope you've learned something and move on.
Awwww big hugs to you, you sexy Asian man.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-21-2015 at 07:31 PM..

Old 08-21-2015, 08:24 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
That website is just scratching the surface. I believe, most people have had infidelity affect their life at one point.

Affairs, in most cases, is a safety net for a marriage going bad.
And/or an acknowledgement that they're living a life built on a foundation of lies.

[the truth behind the curtain]

Old 08-21-2015, 10:58 PM

331 posts, read 381,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwestW View Post
I have never cheated on anyone. I find it saddening that so many people cheat and keep it under wraps for a long time, if not indefinitely.

Old 08-22-2015, 01:16 AM

60 posts, read 52,792 times
Imho...I think cheating is for the weak...the ones who feel that think they can stay with their partner and somehow feel entitled to engage in an affair...somehow get what they are lacking..I feel somewhere along the way communication died and an easy escape is instant gratification.
It really isnt that hard...

If one feels they need to cheat? THEN the relationship is already dead to them..
Be stand up..discuss then make a decision..there is no reason to cheat

Old 08-23-2015, 02:39 PM

331 posts, read 381,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by das74 View Post
Imho...I think cheating is for the weak...the ones who feel that think they can stay with their partner and somehow feel entitled to engage in an affair...somehow get what they are lacking..I feel somewhere along the way communication died and an easy escape is instant gratification.
It really isnt that hard...

If one feels they need to cheat? THEN the relationship is already dead to them..
Be stand up..discuss then make a decision..there is no reason to cheat
Great reply. I feel the same way. Why can't people just fess up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships