Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 05:57 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times

Advertisements

I love my husband, he loves me, we find each other attractive..... however, after 30 years together some things have changed. I don't have that "sexual" relationship, but other things make up for it for the most part. I am happy to have what I have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2015, 06:10 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,772,466 times
Yep! In fact my Mom just asked me what kind of guys I find attractive or if any guys I see really woo me? I had think and all I could come up with is "my husband is the most attractive man I've seen". I thought that when I married him and think it still. To be honest I think it's a deeper kind of attraction now (we've been married 4 years) because I LOVE his personality. He is very attractive but I think he could be 86 and I still would see right past that. There comes a point where their looks alone won't woo you- but a caring, selfless, hard working man that loves you everyday now that's hot.

Old 08-27-2015, 06:13 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,830,784 times
Yes. There's something about the mere touch of his hand that still makes my heart skip a beat. And when he smiles at me, I swoon. It's ridiculous.

Old 08-27-2015, 06:18 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Not married, but with the guy for about 10 years....yes, I love him but he's a good 30 pounds heavier andhe wasn't skinny to begin with...and I kinda worry about his health. But hey, the lights are usually off so....

Old 08-27-2015, 06:23 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Southpaw View Post
you're naive my friend. mark my words: you''ll get not ONE woman here on this thread to admit that they're not physically attracted any longer to their mate. Even though stats show that after seven years or more of marriage a full 40% of women claimed in anonymous surveys that they were in fact NOT attracted physically any longer, and a full 53% admitted that sex wasn't as good, and that they rarely achieved orgasm.

The figures for men, not surprisingly--since, contrary to popular myths are really more LOYAL then women and cheat LESS--were about half that. 73% of men who'd been married for 7 or more years were still physically attracted to their mates. And about the same percentage said sex was still as good as it was during the first year of marriage.

What does this tell you about women? Anyway, seek honest answers elsewhere, you'll get very few hear. Women also lie more than men and keep more secrets.
Hahah - I read this AFTER my post...so THERE!

I think most women WANT to stay with the same guy....but that guy just does the same thing over and over again - boring! My theory is that women want a guy who changes up the sex...men want different women (who look different) but do the very same thing in bed with each one of them!

Old 08-27-2015, 07:19 PM

914 posts, read 765,917 times
Yes of course! She will always be the Lady of my life.

Old 08-27-2015, 07:56 PM

48,522 posts, read 34,843,322 times
I think what some don't realize is that when you're in love that gives you "love goggles" for lack of a better term. So while we are both getting older and more worn, we still find each other hot. Your love of time together, love of how the other's mind works, the trust you have for them, all over rides the "same old lay, just another day."

Even if the thought of something new and shiny had any appeal, it is fleeting. That will not trump all of the above.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-28-2015, 08:30 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post

I think most women WANT to stay with the same guy....but that guy just does the same thing over and over again - boring! My theory is that women want a guy who changes up the sex...men want different women (who look different) but do the very same thing in bed with each one of them!
I agree, and this is the part where people are their own worst enemy by being up-tight and not taking any kind of initiative to keep things exciting. Yes, sex with the same person for years on end can become routine and predictable, but it is entirely preventable.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:49 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,305,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post

Most men have that. Think about it! They have these in one:

1) Tired, (bath) robed housewife: cook, washer/cleaning woman
2) Worn out working woman
3) Exhausted mother (of their children)
4) PMS/perimenopausal or post menopausal (monster)
6) Best girlfriend of several women and animals
6) Daughter of parents
7) Sex kitten

What more could a man ask for?!

Before I get pummeled, I'm just kidding around!

Old 08-28-2015, 08:52 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Most men have that. Think about it! They have these in one:

1) Tired, (bath) robed housewife: cook, washer/cleaning woman
2) Worn out working woman
3) Exhausted mother (of their children)
4) PMS/perimenopausal or post menopausal (monster)

6) Best girlfriend of several women and animals
6) Daughter of parents

7) Sex kitten

What more could a man ask for?!

Before I get pummeled, I'm just kidding around!
Role playing at it's worst
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships