Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 05:16 PM

10 posts, read 7,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I don't think the fear ever goes away. I have approached women but the fear is still there. There are many days when I'm at home alone and I ask myself "How are some guys more successful with women and I get rejected constantly?" Being an introvert you wonder these things.
Ah, yes. A fellow introverted chap like myself. Indeed, I do ponder these questions on a daily basis. I posit that men who are successful with women have good genetics (optimum body physiology and resilient neurophysiology, desirable somatotype (Mesomorph), optimum male hormonal patterns (Low Cortisol, Higher Testosterone), and/or recieve leverage from the media. For example, African American males are perceived by society/media as genitally well-endowed, confident, and athletic. No matter how untrue these assumptions may be, these archetypal, and temperamental traits are ascribed to a group of people ( In this case, African American Males), and permeate throughout American culture. Perhaps these men that are successful with women naturally have a sanguine or choleric temperament; thus allowing them to easily arouse interest. I do believe that temperament can be altered, but it will take a good amount of work to change it. But to sum it up in a nutshell, I suppose that men who are naturally successful with women express the archetypal features (Physical, emotional, and mental) that are desired in males and have leverage from media/society.

I found this link about how males with lower levels of Cortisol, and higher levels of testosterone are more likely to be found attractive by the opposite sex. This makes sense, however, I could be wrong; Huffington post isn't the most reliable source of information. Good luck on your journey in improving your skills at getting girls.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012...n_1299184.html

Last edited by C13H16N2O2; 08-25-2015 at 06:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 05:29 PM

10 posts, read 7,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I assume that there's not enough robots for everyone to work on their own, so you have to share? Aren't the women contributing, too? I'm not getting the picture, here. I assumed it was about small groups working on something together.

Go over to someone else's robot and ask, "How are you two doing?" (Assuming it's women working on one.) Watch the other guys, see if they're chatting with women, and if so, watch how they go about it.
Alright, so when we're working on the robot, everyone usually specializes in one or two areas. There are programmers, CADers, people who monitor the mechanics of the robot, people who monitor the electronics of the robot, people who arrange donations from companies to get money to support the team, etc. I guess you could chat up some of the girls if the topic is related to robotics. When we start working on the robot, everyone has to be serious and dedicate all of their time and mental effort on contributing to the construction of the robot. After all, we are going to be entering into the FTC robotics tournament later this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships