Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 04:48 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,240,996 times

Advertisements

Yeah but hes on a Dating Site!! Like, isn't that his goal? Also I'd like to know what the sms chit chat was he brushed over?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2015, 05:24 PM

291 posts, read 273,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanearthur View Post
I've been talking to this girl for a week now and we haven't met yet. She asked me what I was doing last night and I told her nothing really.

She said she was going to go to dinner with her friend but she canceled

I said "Well that sucks"

We talked a bit more and that's that

today she texted me saying "I told you she canceled so you would take me out"

In my head I'm thiniking wtf? Why didn't you just say "hey my friend canceled want to joine me?"

Is this how females work?
Yeah, I completely disagree with everyone saying that you missed your "opportunity" or whatever. This girl actually sounds pretty lame if that's exclusively how she operates (she can only hang out with you if her other plans fall through?) -- girls invite me out all the time.

That said, why don't you just call her and ask her out? And why didn't you do that earlier? I feel like that should have happened by now.

Old 08-27-2015, 05:28 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,183 times
I am in minority here.
Women should ask out if they really them.

Old 08-27-2015, 05:35 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,240,996 times
Because hes a serial online date notmaker?

Old 08-27-2015, 05:42 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,549,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Personally, I'd forget this girl. If there is one thing I hate is when someone can't be direct with their desires with me.
Likewise. Too many men are into the 'Sigh...I know she's playing a silly game, but I'm a MAN, so let me fulfill her expectations and cater to her' mindset. I'd say to her, 'So listen, why didn't you just say what you meant? As an adult, I don't do games.' Just flat out, like that.

Or be like the common idiot and 'take the hint' and play along next time, hoping it works out.

Old 08-27-2015, 05:51 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,878,577 times
If you haven't figured out yet that some women actually like being asked out by guys, you're either too young or too stupid to date anyone.

Old 08-28-2015, 09:44 AM

230 posts, read 228,611 times
With all the dropping hints stuff;next time maximize on them

Old 08-28-2015, 09:52 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,407,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
She didn't invite you because she would be starting the relationship being the one to initiate things and she doesn't want to be in that position in a relationship.

She gave you an opening to take the lead but you didn't take it and she's letting you know she prefers to date/be in relationships with guys that take the lead.

This is the first step in assess ones compatibility, she's already letting you know she like guys who take the lead. So if you're not comfortable with doing that then don't waste time dating her because in the end you're not going to be compatible.
Nah, she just wanted him to pay. If she'd have said, "Let's go out," she'd be footing the bill (or should have been, anyway).

Old 08-28-2015, 11:39 AM

102,209 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Nah, she just wanted him to pay. If she'd have said, "Let's go out," she'd be footing the bill (or should have been, anyway).
So, what, she's afraid of a pizza bill, or the cost of his movie ticket, or a meal at the mall food court? Somehow, I don't think that was it.

Old 08-28-2015, 11:45 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
So, what, she's afraid of a pizza bill, or the cost of his movie ticket, or a meal at the mall food court? Somehow, I don't think that was it.
It's more of the example set than anything related to spending cash or "losing" anything personally

If the type of relationship sought after is one of a provider/receiver (aka: traditional arrangement) it doesnt take a lot of understanding to get why someone would want to wait for the other to assert themselves and take control when given opportunity

most people will never bother to dissect what is happening because it's just how we understand these situations to work. This thread and some of its own responses are a testament to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships