Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 05:28 PM

6,883 posts, read 7,880,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiisonbryant View Post

(yesterday afternoon)
me: today might be the slowest day ever

she didnt reply

did i lose her?

i know it seems like ive ben tetxing alot but shes started some conversations to

i dont know. i hope i idnt. i think ill take it easy this weekend

We have no way of knowing if you lost her or not, but I do have a suggestion. Don't start the conversation by talking about yourself. People want you to be interested in them! So you should have asked her how her trip was going!

Another suggestion...never talk about how bored you are. makes you sound boring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2015, 07:59 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,359,651 times
I don't know if you "lost" her or not. You certainly lost me. The texting sounded a bit boring. I kept waiting for the plot and there wasn't one....foolish me.

That is a good thing, really, because there was nothing in your texting that should have been offensive, pushy to her. I sure wouldn't waste too much of your youth trying to figure out females to this degree. Don't believe me? Read some of the other postings by men who are prob. twice your age. There is really no figuring out why we do all the things we do. Same as with you men. I am sure you have puzzled a few women as well.

In other words....haven't heard back from her? You hit a snag and never really "caught" her..pick up your fishing pole and try again. There are plenty of fish out there. LOL

Old 08-30-2015, 08:19 AM

113 posts, read 223,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Most 40 yo women I meet have no desire to talk on the phone, unless is is absolutely necessary.
Yep. If some guy I've never talked to is going to move from texting to calling, I'll need a heads-up. If he just calls out of the blue, I may not answer. I hate talking on the phone - I find it to be the most awkward social interaction possible, especially with someone I don't know.

Old 08-30-2015, 08:25 AM

361 posts, read 333,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelavie View Post
Yep. If some guy I've never talked to is going to move from texting to calling, I'll need a heads-up. If he just calls out of the blue, I may not answer. I hate talking on the phone - I find it to be the most awkward social interaction possible, especially with someone I don't know.
It is only awkward if you are an insecure person. I think talking on the phone with a stranger is great way to get a feel for the other person. Texting is lame and juvenile in my opinion because it gives people a fake sense of connection. Hearing someone's voice adds a lot to the interaction.

Old 08-30-2015, 09:40 AM

29,737 posts, read 34,352,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
We have no way of knowing if you lost her or not, but I do have a suggestion. Don't start the conversation by talking about yourself. People want you to be interested in them! So you should have asked her how her trip was going!

Another suggestion...never talk about how bored you are. makes you sound boring.
Right, she mentioned her grandpa's 90th birthday and instead of taking that and saying "that's great!" or something, he turned it into talking about getting together. The rest of the texts were just boring. I'm an old, so I know that the youths text differently, but "I'm bored" or "Hey" texts done give you anything to respond to. If you're going to text, say something interesting, or ask something. I wouldn't respond to that, either.

This American Life did a piece with Aziz Ansari on texting and dating that's interesting: Captain's Log | This American Life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships