Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 07:13 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,958,172 times

Advertisements

Of course there are Libras who are happily married.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2015, 07:20 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,430,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmil View Post
To the extent that this is just for fun and it doesn't dictate how you treat people, I will say Libra men tend to believe in fairness and fair play. So, just remember that. Be fair. The Libra sign is the "scale", after all. The other thing to be mindful of, and I think this plays into what some others have said about Libra men being into themselves, is that Libras tend to be a bit detached. Checked out. They don't really like discord and conflict, so if it feels like there's going to be a disagreement, you mind find yourself in it alone. They can be temperamental, like, all-of-a-sudden, but yeah that's the two things I've noticed about Libras. Pretty even-tempered with good social etiquette, but they can be detached and occasionally temperamental. Oh, and materialistic. They like shiny stuff.
I'm a Libra, and I don't consider myself materialistic at all. My car is twenty years old with over 150,000 miles. I spend a lot of my money on travel and seeing live music. I couldn't care less about "shiny" things. I'm more about experiences than blowing money on the latest and greatest thing. I agree with another poster that this is just another way of putting people into boxes because hey that's much easier than actually taking the time to really get to know someone. I personally put this astrology in the same category as taking advice from a psychic or fortune teller, just a bunch of bs. I can't believe people actually take any of that seriously. Then again, I work in real science.

Last edited by david0966; 08-30-2015 at 07:42 PM..

Old 08-30-2015, 07:24 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,659,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
Of course there are Libras who are happily married.
There can't be....according to you pseudo-science buffs they are all horrible people that can't form relationships and are materialistic jerks worth nothing more than a fling if that.

Old 08-30-2015, 07:27 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,830,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
There can't be....according to you pseudo-science buffs they are all horrible people that can't form relationships and are materialistic jerks worth nothing more than a fling if that.
This isn't something to be taken so seriously. I as well as other posters here have given their accounts of dating Libra men. We're not saying that ALL Libra men are like what we expressed. We're saying this is our experience.

Yes, there are full websites dedicated to describing the Libra personality by gender. You can choose to read them or not. You can choose to believe the descriptions or not. You have a CHOICE, no one is shoving this down your throat.

Old 08-30-2015, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
This isn't something to be taken so seriously. I as well as other posters here have given their accounts of dating Libra men. We're not saying that ALL Libra men are like what we expressed. We're saying this is our experience.

Yes, there are full websites dedicated to describing the Libra personality by gender. You can choose to read them or not. You can choose to believe the descriptions or not. You have a CHOICE, no one is shoving this down your throat.
You don't get to choose your own facts...belief in a fraud doesn't make it the truth. You want to bad mouth Libra makes based on just their birthday.....there is no reason to not call you on it. If you picked a dude...that was your fault....the cause was not the day they were born.

Old 08-30-2015, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
You don't get to choose your own facts...belief in a fraud doesn't make it the truth. You want to bad mouth Libra makes based on just their birthday.....there is no reason to not call you on it. If you picked a dude...that was your fault....the cause was not the day they were born.
Ok, that's your opinion. It's all good.

Old 08-30-2015, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Opinion? How about you prove that astrology is acvurate? Peer reviewed papers? Double blind studies? Empirical evidence?

We all have opinions...but you don't get to make up your own facts....and you most certainly don't get to make up things to malign approximately 1/12 th of the male population.

Old 08-30-2015, 07:40 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,958,172 times
Quote:
Yes she's obviously looking for a fight so don't give her one.

Old 08-30-2015, 07:43 PM

Quote:
I'm not. Fighting over astrology would be a waste of my time, we all have much bigger fish to fry!

Old 08-30-2015, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Fight no....but if you are going to spout off incorrect personality assessments and charecter assassinations based on a birthday...you are going to be challenged on it.

So...based on your birthday...how horrible a person are you? That seems to be the goal here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships