Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 08:34 PM

27 posts, read 18,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
How many relationships have you had?
I didn't start dating until last summer and since then 2. I've never put out sex in any form until both of the guys wanted to by my boyfriend, it was pretty simple. They both wanted relationships and I had a connection with them. It all flowed really naturally.

It was really easy to pick this one out from the rest, even if he wasn't honest with me. I could just tell in his level of communication and the way he acted around me. He was actually swiping matches on tinder when we were hanging out one time. Again, I don't take it personally because I knew what his deal was from the start.

And I don't think it makes me a mean or evil person for not sleeping with him. We enjoyed our company while we were together and that was that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 08:36 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookeellis View Post

I've never put out sex in any form ...
This is an unusual and, frankly, antiquated way of putting it. And I'm saying that as a 47-year-old.

I don't think you're evil for not wanting to sleep with every guy you meet. I just think that your attitude about sex could be an issue.

Old 08-31-2015, 08:37 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,371,715 times
Quote:
Lol.

You don't know who this person is and this is an anonymous forum. Unless I'm putting his full name and photo on here, I don't see what the deal is.
Basically the person you are describing is someone who share's his body with people he has no attachment to...So it's kind of obvious.."Sow the Wild Oats" until you find the right one ( Crap Shoot)..BUT when someone does that..It's really hard to weed out the Wheat from the Caffe..Which doesn't usually end well..depending on the partner.. Friends with benefits and so on.. BUT some hidden gen could be devastated thinking it meant something..ALL for not!!

My, so long ago motto was..(long before that level ever got there was) "Would I want this person to be ( in my case) the father of my children?".. Yikes, that sure straightening my head out beyond just a physical attractions mode of the moment!!

I know there are many who take advantage of their situation..But truly..If you do not know them or care about them..WHY?....I suspect it's a self Gratification mode..no OTHER rational about it!! IMO

Old 08-31-2015, 08:42 PM

27 posts, read 18,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
This is an unusual and, frankly, antiquated way of putting it. And I'm saying that as a 47-year-old.

I don't think you're evil for not wanting to sleep with every guy you meet. I just think that your attitude about sex could be an issue.
Okay I understand. I didn't mean to be so old fashioned about it. I'm just saying for me personally I'd rather save sex for a boyfriend or someone who wants to commit to me on a more emotional level. That's all.

Old 08-31-2015, 08:43 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,183 times
Quote:
Lol.

You don't know who this person is and this is an anonymous forum. Unless I'm putting his full name and photo on here, I don't see what the deal is.
It is not right.
You should not even make this post.
You are wrong for using him because you are bored and getting mad at him for being truthful.

Old 08-31-2015, 08:46 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Okay I understand. I didn't mean to be so old fashioned about it. I'm just saying for me personally I'd rather save sex for a boyfriend or someone who wants to commit to me on a more emotional level. That's all.
And there's nothing wrong with that. You can be old-fashioned.

But what you need to realize, and what feels antiquated about the way you write about sex, is that it's not supposed to be something you hold over a guy, as bait, or use like a weapon to ward him off.

I mean, what the heck kind of date is it going to be when, the first time you meet someone, you blurt out, "Just so you know, we will not be having sex."

That is not how you do it. Have standards, yes, but don't be so dictatorial about it.

Old 08-31-2015, 08:52 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Again, not sure what game I'm playing except staying true to myself and my self respect.

No one is taking issue with you respecting yourself. He is mature enough to be upfront with what he wanted, I don't think you are mature enough to understand your own motivations.

You were bored and playing games. /shrug
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-31-2015, 09:42 PM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
Quote:
This is beautiful.. Please don't change!!! I can only wish I'd set this standard for myself @ your age.. As others have said, this guy 'Rick' was being totally open & honest. Ya gotta respect that, because he was giving you a clear choice in the matter. I think it's fine to get out there and 'date', even if it's just to gauge where your heart + head is at. Just be honest about where you're @ & what you want- and stick to it. As long as nobody's mislead or hurt in the process then no harm, no foul.

Last edited by D217; 08-31-2015 at 09:50 PM..

Old 09-01-2015, 12:50 AM

3 posts, read 2,226 times
There's nothing wrong with anting ANY kind of relationship whether it be casual sex, husband and wife, pen pals or Dominant and submissive as long as all parties are upfront and honest about what they want. Maturity does't lie in what a person wants but in their ability to honestly communicate that to potential partners. There are tons of men who only want casual flings well in to their sixties. As long as they're communicating that to potential partners then they are handling their sex lives like mature adults.

Old 09-01-2015, 03:09 AM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,473 times
He sounds quite honest
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships