Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 05:10 PM

102,125 posts, read 107,381,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I think I could deal with it at this point in my life. It's better than the alternative, eternal loneliness starting in your late 30's.
Endless drama and abuse of some form are not better than solitude or loneliness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2015, 05:48 PM

419 posts, read 1,235,191 times
The girl is jealous and unsure about a guy who "likes" her.

I know of no one that doesn't have a jealous bone in their body or their own personal level of insecurity. If you truly love this girl you would be trying to put her mind at ease by putting her on a pedestal. It shouldn't even be something you have to try to do, it should happen naturally because you wouldn't have it any other way. If you aren't already treating her this way, I would say she has every reason to be jealous and you should forget about marriage.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:06 PM

3,156 posts, read 3,340,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Endless drama and abuse of some form are not better than solitude or loneliness.
agreed. Having casual conversation with anyone or just simply looking at someone is no reason to be jealous.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:15 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,224,411 times
someones trip trapping across my bridge...

Old 09-01-2015, 08:35 PM

4 posts, read 2,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz View Post
The girl is jealous and unsure about a guy who "likes" her.

I know of no one that doesn't have a jealous bone in their body or their own personal level of insecurity. If you truly love this girl you would be trying to put her mind at ease by putting her on a pedestal. It shouldn't even be something you have to try to do, it should happen naturally because you wouldn't have it any other way. If you aren't already treating her this way, I would say she has every reason to be jealous and you should forget about marriage.
I am not going to put her or any woman on a pedestal but I'll bump your post because it's kinda insightful. Maybe, her jealousy is because of her uncertainty.

Old 09-01-2015, 08:37 PM

4 posts, read 2,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
(Her) Jealousy will drive you to insanity...
Do not - repeat do not - marry someone who is jealous as it will ruin any chances you have of a meaningful, long term relationship.

A girl friend I once had would go ape $hit if I looked at someone in traffic... I ended that the day she went crazy and had a fit when I was ordering food for dinner at a steak house with a waitress I went to school with...

Don't allow yourself to get into this kind of relationship - it'll drive you crazy quickly!
That is crazy! My girl is not that jealous.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:38 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,901,018 times
Been there.

It was fun at the time, but I would never go back.

Woke up one morning. . . . .

Opened my eyes and she was laying in bed next to me. Staring right at me when I woke up.

I asked her what she was doing, she said 'Watching you sleep.'

That was the beginning of a wild adventure that I could almost write a book about. Her obsession however was not real and/or based on anything substantial. She systematically built me up into being superman. At least in her own mind. I have horrible seasonal allergies, and she use to call pollen 'outlaw kryptonite' due to how it affected me.

In the first few weeks, she began morphing into what she thought I wanted and obsessing over every aspect of me. She noticed some CDs I had in my room of bands she had never heard of (and ultimately basically didn't really like the music), but every time I got in her car she would have another CD on of one of my favorite bands. I was like WTF? She noticed a lot of Ayn Rand books in my library. Fast forward days later and I came home to her reading 'The Fountainhead' (by Ayn Rand) on my couch and she talked about it for over a month.

Her mind was a blank slate, or kind of like a dry erase board that was wiped clean after each relationship so she could fill it with the new version of herself that she thought she needed to be. That involved obsessing over a new source of emotional and sexual supply/energy. And in a sense it was highly narcissistic on her part. She thought so highly of herself that in her mind, only the best partner or lover would be worthy of her and since no mortal man could ever become her idealized, almost fantasy based version of the guy she wanted: she would build him up into what she wanted, just long enough to fall in love, enjoy the honeymoon period, out of control sex, then when reality started to hit, put the new source through a devaluing phase, then discard and parasitically attach to a new host. And repeat as needed to fill the empty void known as her soul or what was left of it.

I use to think that somehow on those long and passionate nights that I was able to break through and actually find a small fragment of humanity and/or light inside of her and that via multiple orgasms, I was going to be able to change her in some way. But ultimately, I failed. And she has gone down in Sky-O history as my greatest failure, and a failure that has towered over some of my other successes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships