Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 04:02 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times

Advertisements

So basically, to be and feel wanted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 04:09 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,642,628 times
I want to feel adored and desired, protected and like I fit and belong.

Old 09-02-2015, 04:54 PM

282 posts, read 219,323 times
My husband fits what I want in a man to a T. He makes me feel loved and taken care of most of the times. Except when he is in grumpy mood, he is the perfect man for me.

Like now, he invited my family for barbecue this weekend. And he is in mad cleaning mode since Monday. I do help, but he does most of the cleaning.

Having said that, I hate that when he invites people in the house, he biatches that he is the only one cleaning the house, excuse me, I am the ONLY one cleaning his pet cat's poopies every 5 minutes every single day even after I come home from work, dead tired. Ugh.

Old 09-02-2015, 05:18 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,359,979 times
SEX & time spent together. I'm sexually deprived fml. I need the real thing lol. not a toy

Old 09-02-2015, 05:19 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Some other guy could still have all the stuff I "need" but not be the person for me. It's all the characteristics that make up my husband that make him the right guy.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-02-2015, 06:11 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Not a looser.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:12 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,873,116 times
A teammate in the game of life.

Old 09-02-2015, 11:19 PM

60 posts, read 52,800 times
I think that is a loaded question..
I think every woman goes through phases about what they feel they need according to age and curcumstance...
But within US All there are a few attributes...qualities and "things" we need have echoed throughout all the phases..For me? My needs vs my wants have changed based on experiences..

Im no longer looking for the perfect male specimen..
Im comfortable in my own skin to know what I have to offer and there are very simple things i need...
I need respect...loyalty...honesty and communication..
I feel strongly that without these there is no relationship...

The older we get the more baggage we acquire...and there should be no shame. your past belongs to you be it good or bad...
Its a simple request however these days? Its hard to find someone that still thinks along these lines..
A breakdown?
Respect me enough to be honest with who you are and allow me the choice to make up my mind.
Loyalty..
Be my rock..my safe harbor the guy in my corner who lives me enough to tell me lovingly when im making a bad judgment or vondoke me...be faithful to me? And I will give you all of me willingly.
Honesty...give me the truth be real..I respect a truth more than I ever will a sugar coated lie and while I may not always like the truth? I WILL TRUST YOU..That in itself is a gem...
Communication..
Speak to me other than surface topic bs Really speak to me...let us resolve whatever needs to be resolved.

Old 09-02-2015, 11:57 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Meh, I'm pretty low-maintenance: mutual respect, companionship, trust, enough attention to feel loved and wanted (but not so much that it's smothering and cramps my style), plenty of sex (non-vanilla, but not too freaky), and stability.

^^^^^^ What she said ( cept for the low-maintenance part)
Oh and the stability thing Isn't so important right now. ( for me )
Freaky is good ... Freaky works.
so yeah... What she said.... mostly. :

Last edited by Sydney123; 09-03-2015 at 12:21 AM..

Old 09-03-2015, 02:20 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beweirdess View Post
I'd like to encourage women to talk about what constitutes a great relationship/partner for them, and what are things that make women leave a relationship. Please talk about your personal experiences only. Many times you'll hear men say "but we had a perfect life; everything was great; I don't know why she left".
In response to this part, the reason my marriage ended, I believe, is because my ex-husband never truly saw us as partners; he was not fully committed to the idea that marriage is "all in." He didn't want to be part of a team, he wanted to continue to do whatever he wanted and also have a wife around when it was convenient. He didn't want to be a responsible adult when being married and having kids means you pretty much have to be a responsible adult or everything will crumble.

I carried things as long as I could. I begged and pleaded. I tried everything I could think of, including counseling, open marriage, and a trial separation. None of it mattered because we weren't a team. It was HIM and his needs and then somewhere....waaay down the road, blurry and off in the distance, there was me and the kids.

If you are not fully committed to the idea that marriage is a true partnership, that the couple are a team and should decide things as a team, support each other as a team, plan the future as a team, etc. then just don't get married. Please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships