Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 03:01 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,890,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmy00 View Post
I recently joined a dating site and I've realized there are a lack of men that share my sense of humor and it's a bit depressing. This actually isn't a recent thing; it's been a trend for a while. I have a silly/dry sense of humor. Some might call it "weird", or the more bold ones might call it "stupid". I'm also an introvert,so I feel this eliminates a lot of men who are very outgoing because they tend to not like that I don't talk constantly.

does anyone else has a similar problem in dating.. Are you an introvert who struggles with dating? Shy?? Do people not usually understand/like your humor or you don't like theirs? trouble finding someone you can laugh with? Sigh. I feel like giving up. It's exhausting trying to relate to others sometimes. It should be easier!
You being an introvert or having a weird sense of humor was not a factor in any of your examples. You just met three guys you didn't want to go out with again. No big deal, Nuff said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2015, 04:09 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,142,570 times
Hey do you want to move to North Dakota

Old 09-04-2015, 05:11 PM

361 posts, read 333,840 times
If I were you, I would take the Myers-Briggs Test. I took it the first time when I was in one of my first Engineering classes at Iowa State, it made understand why I was sitting in a classroom full of nerds and also why there were some aspects of my personality that were very different from the norm. It turns out that I am an INTJ and this is one of the rarest types of personalities.

Trust me, if you are an INTJ or something similar, you will have hard times making friends and finding compatible members of the opposite sex, however, there are some things about my personality that I love, I did not choose it, so being OK with who you are is very powerful and liberating.

Old 09-04-2015, 06:04 PM

579 posts, read 555,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
If I were you, I would take the Myers-Briggs Test. I took it the first time when I was in one of my first Engineering classes at Iowa State, it made understand why I was sitting in a classroom full of nerds and also why there were some aspects of my personality that were very different from the norm. It turns out that I am an INTJ and this is one of the rarest types of personalities.

Trust me, if you are an INTJ or something similar, you will have hard times making friends and finding compatible members of the opposite sex, however, there are some things about my personality that I love, I did not choose it, so being OK with who you are is very powerful and liberating.
I took that test a while ago and I don't remember what I got, but I think it was similar to INTJ. It can suck though, can't it? Not having people who get you? Lol. Oh well. I like being alone but at times it gets boring and I wish I had more people to have fun with. Seems so many people just bore me, or don't get me, or both.

Old 09-04-2015, 06:39 PM

709 posts, read 766,331 times
Quote:
I recently joined a dating site and I've realized there are a lack of men that share my sense of humor and it's a bit depressing. This actually isn't a recent thing; it's been a trend for a while. I have a silly/dry sense of humor. Some might call it "weird", or the more bold ones might call it "stupid". I'm also an introvert,so I feel this eliminates a lot of men who are very outgoing because they tend to not like that I don't talk constantly.

Anyways, I've met 3 men off the dating site so far. Before meeting each of them, I talked to them on the phone to get a sense of who they are. So anyway. One of them lied about his age and said he was 24 when he was actually only 20. While I didn't have an awful time with him, I just found him kind of boring and wasn't particularly attracted to him. He concealed about 50 extra pounds in his photo and I was a bit taken aback when I saw him. I was expecting him to be just a standard average weight like me. (He also went and ordered a bunch of fast food and a slushy before he dropped me at home and I just felt so turned off by it, maybe that's snobby but oh well) . The other one was very nice and cute, but I just didn't click with him that well. And the last one was nice, I had a good time with him, had some laughs, and he was easy to talk to, but he lives an a bit far away and had to drive over an hour to see me. He also suddenly changed his behavior towards me..after I saw him he was very warm and sweet and texted me saying he wish he lived closer so he could see my face and hang out more often. Now it's been two weeks and we have talked a few times but he said now he only wants friendship and so I just kind of shrugged.. Maybe he is actually not that into me. He did also say he recently broke up with his girlfriend so I have a feeling he might have gone back to her or still hung up or something of that nature.

does anyone else has a similar problem in dating.. Are you an introvert who struggles with dating? Shy?? Do people not usually understand/like your humor or you don't like theirs? trouble finding someone you can laugh with? Sigh. I feel like giving up. It's exhausting trying to relate to others sometimes. It should be easier!
The problem is you. Your sense of humor is weird and stupid. And you sound like a real PIA.

Old 09-04-2015, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troymclure View Post
The problem is you. Your sense of humor is weird and stupid. And you sound like a real PIA.
I sound like the PIA? Lol. Ironic

Old 09-04-2015, 06:47 PM

474 posts, read 384,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by troymclure View Post
Quote:
And I pronounce you two man and wife.

Old 09-04-2015, 06:50 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post

INTJs are a dime a dozen here. I'm one.

Though I do have a very good network of friends and I'm pretty outgoing. Just don't want to go out..... /lol
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-04-2015, 06:57 PM

Introverts are not "pretty outgoing"? Maybe you learn more towards extroversion then.

Old 09-04-2015, 07:05 PM

709 posts, read 766,331 times
Quote:
It's ironic, but not for the reasons you think.

You started off talking about your "weird" sense of humour, and how it might cause problems with your online dating. Then you launched into a diatribe about the problems with the 3 guys you met.

That's the irony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships