Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2015, 10:44 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
No argument here. But I don't think the point of this thread is to question the mental fitness of adult virgins. It is the interaction of adult virgin and adult non-virgin that is in question. Many virgins want to interact with non-virgins. That makes sense. When you are 30, chances are, everyone you encounter is a non-virgin. This, however, forces the non-virgin into a dilemma. Especially if the virgin is otherwise quite attractive. Some virgins in this and other threads seem rather angry with non-virgins. I'm not sure why. It would appear that some virgins (all?) blame the non-virgins around them for their being the way they are. Either we don't wait for them, or won't date them, or whatever. Really the issue is entirely theirs. The nanosecond they are willing to let the virgin status go. Unconditionally. It will be gone in a stroke. Maybe two. No anger, no blame, no regrets.
It's funny how virgins are getting labeled as angry when they are bashed over the head about being sub-human and defective. I wonder how well you would take if such labels were heaped upon you.

Old 11-17-2015, 11:43 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I was referring to 49ers post.
Is that you making a dig at me?

Old 11-18-2015, 12:05 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,930,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
It's funny how virgins are getting labeled as angry when they are bashed over the head about being sub-human and defective. I wonder how well you would take if such labels were heaped upon you.
Fire away.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:31 AM

311 posts, read 292,690 times
There is no benefit to being a male virgin.
Why do you feel the need to tell your partner that?
"Fake it till you make it"

Old 11-18-2015, 08:55 AM

565 posts, read 432,845 times
or get a hooker and get it over with. Women reject guys with limited sexual experience in favor of men with a lot of sexual experience, despite claiming otherwise.

Old 11-18-2015, 09:12 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboi View Post
There is no benefit to being a male virgin.
Why do you feel the need to tell your partner that?
"Fake it till you make it"
Hmmm I think it would be obvious if the guy was still a virgin, no matter how much he tried to fake it, especially if he was with a woman that was fairly experienced herself.

That being said I'm 28, if a man had reached 25 and was still a Virgin I would probably want to understand the reasons... Is it religious? Or is it that he's never dated or awkward, or whatever else.

I wouldn't mind a male virgin because I feel like he could be trained to please me a lot more than a man that has been around the block and has already developed his own set of techniques that work well for some of the women he's been with but not for me. I feel like virgins can be trained, on the other hand if I'm being honest the type of men I tend to attract and be attracted on are usually men that are experienced, not overly religious, and have been with plenty of women. I don't know how I would even run into a male virgin at this point and I honestly believe that the number of male virgins in my age range is minimal.

Old 11-18-2015, 09:45 AM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times
Personally, if I'm into a guy, and I find out he's a virgin, I'm MORE into him. If I find out he went to prostitutes, or a prostitute, just to remedy his virginity, I would respect him and want him less.

That is not backed up by much logic, because I really do think that prostitution should be legal, that if men are going to go buy drinks for women, and meals for women, hoping just to get laid...and women are going to use sex to get material benefit from men, then society should let THOSE people cut the BS and just make it the transaction that it really is.

It's just that I don't want to be one of those people, and I prefer not to involve myself with them.

I would very much prefer a guy who holds out for someone they actually want to have a relationship with, someone they care about, than one who just really needs to get laid.

Also, I've noticed (having had quite a few partners in my life) that inexperienced men aren't necessarily unskilled. There is such a thing as a guy learning habits, reinforced by other women, that don't carry over to sex with me in an enjoyable way. A guy who is new to the game can learn what I like, instead of assuming he knows how to sex real good and just going at it and taking for granted that he knows what women enjoy. But I always make sure to let such partners know that the things I like are not the things all (or most) women do.

My most recent partner tells me that he doesn't have much experience. I really...REALLY...enjoyed him. And look forward to enjoying much more of him in the future. Part of me delights in the very unlikely notion that he might even be a virgin, but I'm pretty sure he's not. There's no way a man of his age was a virgin. But it would be absolutely delicious to my mind if he were...

Old 11-18-2015, 10:04 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,405,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Hmmm I think it would be obvious if the guy was still a virgin, no matter how much he tried to fake it, especially if he was with a woman that was fairly experienced herself.

That being said I'm 28, if a man had reached 25 and was still a Virgin I would probably want to understand the reasons... Is it religious? Or is it that he's never dated or awkward, or whatever else.

I wouldn't mind a male virgin because I feel like he could be trained to please me a lot more than a man that has been around the block and has already developed his own set of techniques that work well for some of the women he's been with but not for me. I feel like virgins can be trained, on the other hand if I'm being honest the type of men I tend to attract and be attracted on are usually men that are experienced, not overly religious, and have been with plenty of women. I don't know how I would even run into a male virgin at this point and I honestly believe that the number of male virgins in my age range is minimal.
Eh, I don't think anyone can know for sure that someone is a virgin unless you outright say so. Besides, one can easily just say that they haven't "done it" in a while.

There's plenty of people in their mid 20's-late 20's that are virgins in all likelihood, they just may have never told you.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:28 AM

5,510 posts, read 9,492,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Eh, I don't think anyone can know for sure that someone is a virgin unless you outright say so. Besides, one can easily just say that they haven't "done it" in a while.

There's plenty of people in their mid 20's-late 20's that are virgins in all likelihood, they just may have never told you.
To expand on this a little: earlier in this thread, it was mentioned that as many as 4% of 30 year olds are still virgins. But, even if it's 1%, that's one in 100 people. If you know 100 people, statistically, one of them is probably a virgin.

I have albinism. It's estimated that only 1 in 17,000 to 1 in 20,000 people have albinism. Now THAT'S atypical!

Old 11-18-2015, 10:43 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post

I agree with you.

I just wish this "war" between virgins and "non-virgins" would just calm down because it is so unnecessary. There are people on both sides who claim to be "know it alls" on the subject, but can't be open minded enough to believe that other people's experiences may be different than their own. So this stereotype about older virgins having mental issues or being socially inept is offensive and ignorant. I understand it is "unusual" BUT it's not an accurate indicator of anything. If people are honest, no can tell someone is virgin by how they act or even physically examining them. No one knows but the person in question.

Also assuming a "non-virgin" is judgemental or obsessed with sex is just as bad. It's okay to have preferences and different tastes, but making ignorant unfair assumptions is crossing the line. No one fully knows the experience of another person so it unwise to act like it. Too much importance is placed on sexual status, and to me THAT'S NOT normal because it causes unnecessary stress.

Live your life the way YOU want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships