Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2015, 02:49 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times

Advertisements

Yes, the one of the biggest components of skill is "learning your partner".

Like any skill, this takes time. It is even better if there is a frame of reference of previous experience in which to learn the partner.

This is exactly why the people claiming that someone is awesome and mind-blowing right out of the gate are pretty much off the mark and probably don't have much experience on which to make these claims.

Old 11-19-2015, 02:49 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Experience is not the only thing, obviously. If a guy goes to the basketball court every day for years, but never wants to learn any skills he is not going to be good. However, if he is paying attention, learning new skills, getting feedback on what works and doesn't work, learning the intricacies of different types of opponents, getting good coaching, etc, he's going to get some pretty good skills. However, all of this takes time.

Same with sex. Enthusiasm and attentiveness are great components, but they are no match for enthusiasm and attentiveness when combined with experience and "mat-time".
Some are willing to teach. Not any but some. Now can all you know it alls just drop this? Many women care, some don't care that much. It's just that simple.

Old 11-19-2015, 02:52 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
To any virgins out there, seek out someone who shares your morals and values.

Old 11-19-2015, 02:59 PM

20,389 posts, read 14,656,708 times
I decided to delete my post.

We have officially reached the point where we're making other posters uncomfortable.

Filter...ENGAGE!

Sorry, guys.

Oh, and virgin or not, I think all of us should seek partners who share our morals and values. Totally agree.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:02 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
To any virgins out there, seek out someone who shares your morals and values.
Well, to be honest, if I were single, this is one of the reasons that I can't see myself dating a virgin. At my age, it's hard for me to imagine running into a lot of virgins. And someone who is saving themselves for marriage wouldn't be compatible with me.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:06 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I decided to delete my post.

We have officially reached the point where we're making other posters uncomfortable.

Filter...ENGAGE!

Sorry, guys.

Oh, and virgin or not, I think all of us should seek partners who share our morals and values. Totally agree.
Part of experience is knowing that no two partners are alike. Imagine what your current guy is going to think "all" women like after being with you. Imagine his surprise and limited understanding of what his next partners like in this area if the next two or three aren't like you. Now imagine, several years down the road, his ability to have a wide repertoire of expertise after being with you and a variety of women with different tastes and likes.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:10 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,725,072 times
Default 25 ...

I guess this depends on where people are from, but I would say I would be concern if someone was over 25 male or female. If by choice or for religious reasons I would still be concerned if they were not actively seeking to get married in order to be in an religiously acceptable physical relationship. I would be amazed if someone just due to sheer curiousity could resist not going all the way if they were in a relationship with someone. Based 1-3 are great, but it is really difficulty not go all the way especially if you have been with the person a while. If someone is obstaining for religious reasons then bases 2-3 and likely 1 as well as P P in A should also not be okay... that would totally be cheating (God's not blind right ?).

Old 11-19-2015, 03:38 PM

290 posts, read 214,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Yes, the one of the biggest components of skill is "learning your partner".

Like any skill, this takes time. It is even better if there is a frame of reference of previous experience in which to learn the partner.

This is exactly why the people claiming that someone is awesome and mind-blowing right out of the gate are pretty much off the mark and probably don't have much experience on which to make these claims.
Lol..im done

Plenty of people have been awesome n mindblowing off the gate..me included. I guess our experiences mean nothing?

at the end of the day, nobody can know ur a virgin unless you say it..so it doesnt matter that much

Old 11-19-2015, 03:43 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,283,808 times
I don't have problems with virgins at all, even though I've only slept with one woman who was truly a virgin and I was older when it happened. It wasn't a bad thing and she loved sex. Wanted it all the time and wanted to try stuff. Problem I had is that she was really stiff. Even when I'd communicate she still seemed to be very robotic in her movements. There was no hiding that she enjoyed having sex; however, she wasn't experienced in sex at all. She also never read any material and didn't really have a desire to do so. We faded out, because I started dating someone.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:59 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Well, to be honest, if I were single, this is one of the reasons that I can't see myself dating a virgin. At my age, it's hard for me to imagine running into a lot of virgins. And someone who is saving themselves for marriage wouldn't be compatible with me.
Like I said, virgins should seek out those who share their morals and values. Anyone who can't respect my decision isn't compatible with me. If a woman doesn't want me because I refuse to have sex until marriage, what do I need her for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships