Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is this text "I want to stare deeply into your eyes?"
Creepy 22 61.11%
Appealing 3 8.33%
I'll explain in the comments 11 30.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 10:16 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,058,271 times

Advertisements

Not creepy, just cheesy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 06:37 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsydevil82 View Post
Not creepy, just cheesy

Agreed... I'd probably start laughing if a guy said that to me.

Old 09-08-2015, 06:42 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
IDK, it depends on what their flirting has consisted of, and how he comes across in person. And how familiar they've become with each other, i.e. friendly. It could be a "too much too soon" situation, or, if she's participated in banter and has been friendly, it could, conceivably, be ok. But we know one thing: he's into her.

Old 09-08-2015, 07:04 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
Ugh. I hate schmoozey lines. Just act normal, for cripes sake.

Old 09-08-2015, 07:09 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Ugh. I hate schmoozey lines. Just act normal, for cripes sake.
Maybe it wasn't a line. Maybe he was sincere. It sounds like he's been harboring feelings for her since they met, and couldn't contain them any longer--had to let her know. It might be a bit over-the-top, but ... at least he's communicating upfront.

OP, does she have much interest in him?

Old 09-08-2015, 07:11 PM

282 posts, read 219,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Had a discussion with some friends over a text one received from a guy who had been flirting with her recently. She's single, and her contractor has been flirting with her. Then he blew his chances with the following text:

"I want to stare deeply into your eyes."

The verdict from the women in the group? This comment felt creepy. The men didn't think it was bad, just thought the guy was a little awkward.

So what do you guys think, creepy or convincing?
Jeez those women are just so high on their horses huh? I would bet they are single. Jeez. If a guy texted that to me I would laugh and say something funny to him like... what are we? teenagers?

Nothing creepy at all with that. Just means the guy got no games. LOL.

Old 09-08-2015, 08:08 PM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Neither. It sounds insincere and rehearsed. A line.
That ^^ right there. Honestly. Who would even say that? Stupid.

Old 09-08-2015, 08:23 PM

272 posts, read 185,224 times
A little clumsy and a bit too soon. But hey, the guy put himself out there, which is something I don't think women understand or appreciate. Maybe Cyrano was looking over his shoulder.

Old 09-10-2015, 05:16 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,159,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
I get what your saying but Chris Rock should not be used for dating advice ever. He's clueless about it. Joking about having put a pubic hair on a Coke can is creepy regardless if the guy looks like Clarence Thomas or Idris Elba. Anita Hill was an educated attorney, not some trailer park floozy. Quality women don't stand for that ****e.
Chris wasn't advising people to do what Clarence did but he was just pointing out how if a guy was as creepy and immature as Clarence Thomas but looked like Denzel or Idris, he'd nonetheless still have sex with many beautiful women. I think thats something that every guy knows, that good looking men can literally do any horrible thing and still get women. Look how rapist serial killers like Richard Ramirez and Ted Bundy were getting thousands of letters in prison from female admirers just because they were handsome.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:15 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Chris wasn't advising people to do what Clarence did but he was just pointing out how if a guy was as creepy and immature as Clarence Thomas but looked like Denzel or Idris, he'd nonetheless still have sex with many beautiful women. I think thats something that every guy knows, that good looking men can literally do any horrible thing and still get women. Look how rapist serial killers like Richard Ramirez and Ted Bundy were getting thousands of letters in prison from female admirers just because they were handsome.
This false. Average women recognize psychos in all packaging. But there is a subset of women that like psychos. And it has little to do with looks. Even "less attractive" inmates get all sorts of attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships