Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 10:36 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,209,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post

There is no winning. The game is dumb. The whole thing is rigged
I assume you are late 40s, I dont know your history, and I am not trying to single you out. But do you realize now how good you had it back in your 20s? When you were in your 20s and you recieved more attention from men than you desired, did you give any thought at that time that the game was rigged in your favor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 10:59 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,369,217 times
Easier for men? Not really. I don't think it's "easy" for a lot of people. My husband spent a good eight years, off and on, exploring dating sites, and though he dated and ended up in a couple relationships prior to our crossing paths, they obviously didn't turn out to be the best fit.

To my surprise, I was his highest match ever in those eight years. He's a very good-looking man, and yet it still wasn't "easy." Better than most, but not always easy.

Old 09-09-2015, 11:38 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
I assume you are late 40s, I dont know your history, and I am not trying to single you out. But do you realize now how good you had it back in your 20s? When you were in your 20s and you recieved more attention from men than you desired, did you give any thought at that time that the game was rigged in your favor?
Not every woman had it "good" in their 20s. That's a bit of a cliche. I have old friends from high school and college (geek girls when being a geek girl wasn't cool) who were never lucky in love in their youth. Although some did marry (and at least one single one is still very hot... she looks 10 years younger, keeps in shape, and is still as geeky as ever... she cracks Star Trek and Monty Python jokes with her boyfriend all the time. They seem like a very happy couple). She didn't have a date to the prom nor a serious boyfriend until her late 20s--I have no idea why either. I dare say she wouldn't have said things were rigged in her favor back then.

Old 09-09-2015, 11:49 AM

20,389 posts, read 14,656,708 times
Quote:
If all I wanted was to be used for sex, I'd say yes, being young and attractive would get me plenty of attention. It still does.

I'm 36. When I was in my 20's, ALL of those years mind you, I was in an awful, oppressive marriage. I was so used to guys who just wanted to get some and split, the first one that hung around and wouldn't let go, I didn't know what to do. Even though I wasn't happy with him, I didn't have it in me to hurt him or fight it. And it was only early this year that I finally had enough of his madness to push back and get free....and even then, I'm only moderately free now.

Guys get upset because women get all the chances. What is not taken into consideration is the question of whether it's easier to handle rejection before, or after, you have a chance to develop some feelings...and then get treated like a sucker for falling for the lies. Guys can go right after whatever they want...women have to play games, or get called easy, or trashy, etc.

Not saying guys have it easier, I'm saying the game sucks.

Old 09-09-2015, 12:03 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,209,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
Not every woman had it "good" in their 20s. That's a bit of a cliche.
I didn't say every woman had it good, my question was directly specifically to Sonic because A. Based upon her self description and profile picture I could reasonably deduce that she was attractive in her 20s, B. she was bemoaning "the game".

@sonic thank you for your response.

Old 09-09-2015, 06:11 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
This is only true for very attractive women. Nothing is stacked in favor of the plainer or average women. Some come into their looks later in life (have you seen Chelsea Clinton, lately?), others go through life invisible to men, so that no age is better or worse for them. Cliches and manosphere blog stereotypes don't apply to a lot of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships