Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 12:37 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,590,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
The same thing applies to men. How many of you guys check-in with former girlfriends or crushes on a regular basis to see if they are available. I know this has happened to every woman I know.
Two of my exes did this. (I married one of them.)

Old 09-08-2015, 12:49 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,119,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Two of my exes did this. (I married one of them.)
Quite a few of mine do this still.

Old 09-08-2015, 01:05 PM

5,312 posts, read 6,083,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, I guess that says a lot about the people who read and take polls by the Daily Mail, lol! Seriously, OP, you must be scraping the bottom of the barrel in your search to come up with indictments against women. Or maybe not quite the bottom: you haven't posted from the National Enquirer, yet.
I wasn't searching for "indictments of women" I saw it posted somewhere else and thought it was interesting..

Old 09-08-2015, 02:51 PM

37,477 posts, read 45,726,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
I've been the fallback guy three times and it is absolutely amazing when looking back on those experiences, just how hungry the women from my past were that tracked me down in an attempt to rekindle what we previously had. Two were married, and one was engaged at the time.

And when I say hungry, I mean hungry for attention, passionate sex, excitement and a chance to feel free again and almost feel like they were in control of the primary relationship they were in by re-securing a previous partner along with keeping it a secret.

I would get texts stating things that there was no way they were telling their primary partners. Engaging in sex that was out of control and on a level way beyond what they were doing with the guys they were with. The one that was engaged told me 9while laughing0 when we were laying in bed that she told her fiancé that they couldn't have sex until they were married. I was like, WTF?

What is absolutely insane, is that in two of those cases, one: the married failed and she made a transition to being with me. The second one, the wedding didn't happen and we were together for a while. . . . . .

But in each case, once I was actually in a relationship with both of those women:

I instantly became, the boring, normal, primary partner and they kept their options open for something new. And in each situation, eventually cheated on me with new fallback options.

It's a crazy world.
LOL. Cool story bro.

Old 09-08-2015, 02:56 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,851,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
This is the Daily Mail, so keep in mind that you are quoting something that is the scholarly equivalent of the National Enquirer. Also, it seems a given that the more attractive a person someone is, male or female, and attractive in many ways (not just physically), the more attention that person will have throughout his or her life. Other women like my husband, for instance. He's handsome, smart, and considerate--what's not to like? Attractive people are attractive. However, knowing that Bob in Accounting likes my shape and the lasagna I bring to potlucks doesn't mean Bob would be a viable "fallback partner," just someone who would probably say yes to a date. The article makes a huge stretch, but that is a Daily Mail for you.
I was just about to post this, then saw yours. EXACTLY. Having "options" doesn't mean they're on standby. Most people know SOMEONE they could and/or would date if they happened to be single, but that's not the same as having a fallback partner.

Old 09-08-2015, 03:02 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,354,105 times
Seriously.

It's pretty much the same as being confident that, were you to lose your job tomorrow, yes, there are other places that would gladly hire you.

Doesn't necessarily mean you're out interviewing.

Old 09-08-2015, 03:04 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,048,605 times
I do not have a back up spouse and do not want a back up spouse, that is just stupid and probably pretty far from the truth.

Old 09-08-2015, 03:09 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,217,539 times
Just another sly way to the Women are Faithless W(ores refrain.

Not a word mentioning all those working girls (and boys!) whos main client base is Married Men.

Old 09-08-2015, 03:12 PM

35 posts, read 39,526 times
While I certainly believe what the OP says, I don't see the point of women having a backup. There are always plenty of men out there ready and eager to snap up a newly split woman. In fact I know a few myself. They've casually dated lots of them.

Old 09-08-2015, 03:15 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,677,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
I've been the fallback guy three times and it is absolutely amazing when looking back on those experiences, just how hungry the women from my past were that tracked me down in an attempt to rekindle what we previously had. Two were married, and one was engaged at the time.

And when I say hungry, I mean hungry for attention, passionate sex, excitement and a chance to feel free again and almost feel like they were in control of the primary relationship they were in by re-securing a previous partner along with keeping it a secret.

I would get texts stating things that there was no way they were telling their primary partners. Engaging in sex that was out of control and on a level way beyond what they were doing with the guys they were with. The one that was engaged told me 9while laughing0 when we were laying in bed that she told her fiancé that they couldn't have sex until they were married. I was like, WTF?

What is absolutely insane, is that in two of those cases, one: the married failed and she made a transition to being with me. The second one, the wedding didn't happen and we were together for a while. . . . . .

But in each case, once I was actually in a relationship with both of those women:

I instantly became, the boring, normal, primary partner and they kept their options open for something new. And in each situation, eventually cheated on me with new fallback options.

It's a crazy world.
It's cute that you actually admitted this with so much enthusiasm, like it's something to be proud of.

I cannot think of a single man I know who would admit to being a "fallback" once, not to mention three times. I guess I can give you credit for the optimistic spin you put on it, though. " ... because I am so good in bed!" LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships