Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 09:43 AM

61,694 posts, read 87,077,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by extraordinary89 View Post
well it's not that easy ..
and it's easier said than done ..
if i didn't have my child i would 100% just walk away and i've done it before now when i think i don't think just about my self i think about my baby boy and how this would effect him growing up, I'm thinking about what to do if i leave now either leave the child with him ( which is a thing that i would never do ) or take him with me yet have no one to look after him when he get back from the nursery and I'm at work ( his mom now keep him with her 'til i get back from work )

i really don't know And maybe i put myself in this situation because i was so foolish to believe in him and loving him i never thought he would be such a bad husband and father what a waste of my heart !!!

I don't know what women do in your country. Is there any support? You family? Your friends?
Family counseling? Support groups for single mothers?
Right now, your boy is growing up in a dysfunctional family. Staying in this mess without seeking help, and wanting to change a thing is not helping him, or you.
There is always a way. Research your options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 09:47 AM

3 posts, read 1,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
You said he slapped you hard in the face three times, which to me is unforgiveable. I would go to a shelter with my child. They have resources there to help you. Your baby's grandma might still be interested in helping you during the day.
as i mentioned in middle east things are little different and women not always get her rights..
I'll discuss that with his mother today as i'll move out but keep my baby her at night and pick him up in the afternoon this is the only solution that i can think off

I'm done.. and yes i know it was bad mistake having this child i regret it soon much that's i waited 2 years when we first married and not had a child i was trying for things to settle down for us .. but they didn't not i have to move on and it's too late i know but i love always to think good and see the good in person infront of me so how if that person was my husband it's just me and i can't change it ..

Old 09-11-2015, 09:58 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,277,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
You had the chance to leave many times. You didn't.

Fool you once, shame on him. Fool you twice, shame on you.

You were incredibly naive to think having a child with someone like him would "fix" him. Next time, pick a person that doesn't need "fixing."
That's just mean. She may have made mistakes with this guy, but it does not mean those bad decisions give the husband any right to put his hands on her. No matter what she did or didn't do, or who he is, NO ONE have that right to commit domestic violence.

This woman here is a victim. She is returning to him because she is trapped emotionally. This is very common for victims of abuse. It's easy to say, "leave him". But to commit staying away from a guy she knew for almost a decade, the man she used to trust, the same guy who is manipulating her emotions to get her to doubt herself ("maybe it's my fault?") and crushed her self confidence, most victims return to their abusive spouses. Physical abuse is painful and those wounds may heal. Emotional abuse is 10x as worse and may scar the victim for life.

OP, seek help from a woman shelter. In order to get away from this, you must talk to an expert who can help you and your child safely get out of there. You have a child in this relationship. He will track you and your child down if you are not careful to cover your tracks. Friends and family helps too.

If you decide to leave, you must NOT look back, no matter what he says or do. Even if he begs for forgiveness, sends you flowers, writes you love letters, etc. Make that decision and follow it through and you can permanently get out.

If you return to him, please understand abuse normally escalates. It will not get better unless there is intervention to convince him to change (he already proved he won't) or you and your baby leaves. Do not rely on his mother. People who beat their spouse usually gave witnessed abuse themselves from their parents.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:21 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesenugget View Post
That's just mean. She may have made mistakes with this guy, but it does not mean those bad decisions give the husband any right to put his hands on her. No matter what she did or didn't do, or who he is, NO ONE have that right to commit domestic violence.

This woman here is a victim. She is returning to him because she is trapped emotionally. This is very common for victims of abuse. It's easy to say, "leave him". But to commit staying away from a guy she knew for almost a decade, the man she used to trust, the same guy who is manipulating her emotions to get her to doubt herself ("maybe it's my fault?") and crushed her self confidence, most victims return to their abusive spouses. Physical abuse is painful and those wounds may heal. Emotional abuse is 10x as worse and may scar the victim for life.

OP, seek help from a woman shelter. In order to get away from this, you must talk to an expert who can help you and your child safely get out of there. You have a child in this relationship. He will track you and your child down if you are not careful to cover your tracks. Friends and family helps too.

If you decide to leave, you must NOT look back, no matter what he says or do. Even if he begs for forgiveness, sends you flowers, writes you love letters, etc. Make that decision and follow it through and you can permanently get out.

If you return to him, please understand abuse normally escalates. It will not get better unless there is intervention to convince him to change (he already proved he won't) or you and your baby leaves. Do not rely on his mother. People who beat their spouse usually gave witnessed abuse themselves from their parents.
I agree. Do not rely on his family. They are usually on his side, especially in the middle Eastern culture. It might turn really ugly and dangerous for you if you ask his mother for help and she tells your husband.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:24 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
If you are getting hit in the face and you don't take your child and leave the situation, you are making an enormous mistake.

What you are describing is not even on the same planet as "rude" and "having no respect."

Old 09-11-2015, 10:28 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by extraordinary89 View Post
as i mentioned in middle east things are little different and women not always get her rights..
I'll discuss that with his mother today as i'll move out but keep my baby her at night and pick him up in the afternoon this is the only solution that i can think off

I'm done.. and yes i know it was bad mistake having this child i regret it soon much that's i waited 2 years when we first married and not had a child i was trying for things to settle down for us .. but they didn't not i have to move on and it's too late i know but i love always to think good and see the good in person infront of me so how if that person was my husband it's just me and i can't change it ..
I doubt his family will help you. It's from them he learned it is OK to be abusive.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:53 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,558,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Hey azzhat. Exactly how does your ****ty post help OP? Stop being a jerk.

Perhaps by being frank about the situation he can help OP have an epiphany?
Syrup and hugs and sympathy is one way it absolutely won't be fixed, that's for sure.

Old 09-11-2015, 11:16 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Why'd you marry him if he's such an ass?

Old 09-11-2015, 11:20 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
It's hard to offer advice because you are in the middle east. Was this an arranged marriage? Do you have the same rights as the men?

I know the question my sound ignorant, and maybe it is. I just think there is a chance that your arrangement and options may not be the same as those on the board.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-11-2015, 11:31 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,414,557 times
OP,

Where are you from exactly?

Are you from Lebanon? were you born in a different country and nationality then your husband?

If so take the baby and yourself right now to an embassy and get out.

if, not, make a plan to get out. Think outside the box.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships