Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 08:03 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,455,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Yep, he is stringing you along.

A guy who wants to be with you will be with you.
Pretty much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2015, 04:23 PM

7 posts, read 4,179 times
Yeah...I just don't get the point of anyone telling someone else they do want to see them again. Being strung along is stupid...and my fault for wanting and trying to stay in contact with him in the first place when I started to feel like it was going nowhere. Why he would waste his time texting me every day is even more mind boggling. You're right, he and I could've done something after his soccer practice sometime, and I always made excuses for him..."oh he gets done at 9 and then it'll be late and he will be tired." Etc.

Well, it'll be interesting to see what it's like when he starts practicing at the facility I work at again....hopefully I'm less angry by then haha

Old 09-13-2015, 04:30 PM

I guess I'm just the type of person who doesn't text people back or text people first that I'm not interested in. Or won't make it seem like I'm interested if I'm not. Too bad everyone isn't this way!

Old 09-14-2015, 12:51 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
You really need to get thicker skin if you're going to keep online dating. No one is that busy they can't make a few hours of time to see someone they really like. No one. You can analyze all day long, but you'll never know the reason. Maybe he's married, maybe he met someone else, maybe he just isn't ready for a relationship, who knows.

Old 09-14-2015, 02:14 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,359,771 times
Get your power back before you "give" the rest of what you have left to him.
I think it is an ego thing. I believe he liked knowing he "had" a girl waiting with her phone in hand, who he could text and yes, string along. It is cruel for someone to play the kinds of games he is doing with you. Bring up things he wanted to do with you, keep saying he wanted to see you, then "forgetting" about them or not bringing them up at all.

And he still has power over you and you have only seen him...how many? One time? Wow! I'd hate to see how you would react if you had been with this loser anymore than that. Remember texting does not replace face to face contact. It is not, nor does it count as a "date". You were right about the "texting buddies" because that's all it amounted to. You already have wasted all that time texting him and look at the time you are wasting trying to figure him out.
Move on. The next time you hear from him, I would be wayyyyyy too busy to see him.

Old 09-17-2015, 10:38 AM

Yeah, I've learned my lesson about the texting thing...unfortunately, I let that go on way too long without seeing him. I should've left it at "hey I like talking to you, but would rather do it in person. Let me know when you have time." Or something along those lines. It sucks when I find someone I actually like for once , and this happens.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:33 AM

11 posts, read 6,616 times
Yes, you are overthinking it. He was probably busy, then you got too needy and he said he was more busy than he was. Text him and say that you respect his time and that you want to be with him and you'll be glad to wait, but you will not wait forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships