Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2015, 06:48 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,460,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

It's not PC to say what I just said and I don't mean any disrespect to single mothers, but truth be told, it's a drag.

The problem is is that the older you get statistically speaking it gets harder and harder to find a woman without kids.
I really don't care what is PC or not. I won't date a woman with kids. I don't want kids in the immediate future and if I am a part of a household with children in the future, I won't be raising another man's baby. If I didn't get to have the fun of getting the mother pregnant, I don't want the responsibility.

Childlessness is becoming more common now than in the past. More 40 year old women than ever don't have kids. But, it is semi-difficult to find those women and many have issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 06:49 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
There's really something to be said for picking someone out of your high school or college class and locking it down.

College would be better.... 18 is just too young to get married.

I have a buddy and he was about 8 yrs older than the woman he married, she was only 18 and he was 26 or so, forget the exact numbers.

I have a suspicion that they divorced because of her being too young. I don't know the exact reason, felt rude to ask, but I would think it's cause she didn't experience enough life prior to marrying.

It can go both ways.

Old 09-18-2015, 06:54 PM

Quote:

I have a buddy and he was about 8 yrs older than the woman he married, she was only 18 and he was 26 or so, forget the exact numbers.

I have a suspicion that they divorced because of her being too young. I don't know the exact reason, felt rude to ask, but I would think it's cause she didn't experience enough life prior to marrying.

It can go both ways.
I said what I said because the dating pool gets weirder and weirder as one ages. More baggage. The buffet is biggest in those years and they are more carefree years.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:01 PM

957 posts, read 1,060,396 times
Quote:

It can go both ways.
A friend of mine married the girl he's dated since middle school. They got divorced when she turned 23.

She's probably one of the best looking women from our school, I think she realized it in her twenties and wanted to play the field. I don't know what happened to her.

I kinda lost contact with my buddy afterwords since I moved to the states but he was pretty down for a few years. Now he's huge into the church which is really strange considering some of the conversations I've had with him in our youth. Seems to be happy now though. Whatever gets you through life I suppose. I figured he just started going to meet women, but he's all bought in. Ha

I'm an atheist, not the militant type or anything. I think people should believe in whatever helps them through the rigors of life. I just can't buy into the whole religion thing. I kinda wish we had some community program where we could meet up with like minded people on Sunday. Would kind of be fun! Probably would still skip it to go riding anyway though!

I confess that I sometimes go to the Catholic fish frys when I fly to St Louis for work.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:17 PM

Quote:
I really don't care what is PC or not. I won't date a woman with kids. I don't want kids in the immediate future and if I am a part of a household with children in the future, I won't be raising another man's baby. If I didn't get to have the fun of getting the mother pregnant, I don't want the responsibility.

Childlessness is becoming more common now than in the past. More 40 year old women than ever don't have kids. But, it is semi-difficult to find those women and many have issues.
I don't know what the current dating scene is like in terms of finding women without kids, but I know when I was in my early 20's and single I had a hell of a time finding women without kids, this is 20 yrs ago... so I don't know....

When I met Mrs. Chow she was about 5 yrs older than me and she was late 20's without a kid and it seemed like she was unicorn at the time.

Maybe things are different... but I somehow doubt it, kids are getting preggers younger and younger these days... so who knows....

Old 09-18-2015, 07:19 PM

405 posts, read 325,258 times
Quote:
There's really something to be said for picking someone out of your high school or college class and locking it down.
Even then, they usually break up/get divorced in time since a lot of younger people have the "grass is greener" mentality. They think they might be missing out on others out there & want to experience with others while their still young.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:22 PM

Quote:
I don't know what the current dating scene is like in terms of finding women without kids, but I know when I was in my early 20's and single I had a hell of a time finding women without kids, this is 20 yrs ago... so I don't know....

When I met Mrs. Chow she was about 5 yrs older than me and she was late 20's without a kid and it seemed like she was unicorn at the time.

Maybe things are different... but I somehow doubt it, kids are getting preggers younger and younger these days... so who knows....
Not sure the population of the area where you live, but in bigger cities, it is reasonably common to be 30 and childless. Meetup groups in big cities are full of 30 something childless singles.

Single women over 25 in large cities are also notorious for getting pets. Pets are a form of baggage. They get pets early instead of the children.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:25 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,978 times
In Australia childless women over 30 are EVERYWHERE.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:28 PM

My Mom was from Brisbane, if I were ever single again, I'd have 2 reasons to go visit the prison isle.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:29 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
I was always the same way, dating women with kids sucked... everything always had to revolve around the kids schedule, dealing with baby sitters, very little lack of spontaneity.

I get it. I've been there, done that, and got the T shirt as they say.

It's not PC to say what I just said and I don't mean any disrespect to single mothers, but truth be told, it's a drag.

The problem is is that the older you get statistically speaking it gets harder and harder to find a woman without kids.

I'm mid 40's right now and if I was out on the dating market I'd have to most likely accept that women in my demographic would most likely have kids, granted they would probably be older and not needing babysitters and all of that.

I wouldn't ever date a woman that had little kids at home still, older late teens, early 20's is fine.

8 yr olds... nah.... not for me.

The problem is is that I've been in a child free or less or whatever he PC terms is for that, I've been with the same woman for 20 plus yrs and I've gotten quite accustomed to not having a life that involved children and I wouldn't want to step into that role at this stage of my life.
It is not even just the babysitting and kids schedules or at least it doesn't end there. There is not always the guarantee of a romantic relationship working out with no kids involved. Imagine if said woman had kids. It would be hard for me to play father to the kids, and then things not work out and then things are left hanging in the balance. And what if those kids are bad kids?

It doesn't get any easier to find single women without children the older one gets. This is quite so in the Atlanta area,where I live. I turn 30 next year, so in my age range, there are alot of women with children between the ages of 0-5.

In my case, I've never been IN the dating scene. There have been women I've liked, but that feeling was never reciprocated. One reason I've never had a girlfriend. I also stepped away from trying to get into the dating scene. Right now, I mostly work and go home. Weekends are my free time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships