Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 10:32 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,008,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backindrivrgr View Post
Well obviously there will be no data because do you honestly think younger generations will post on the internet that they got divorced? Or things are going rocky for their marriages? Let's be realistic .
I think that a couple of minutes looking on the posts here should answer both of those questions in spades.

Old 09-13-2015, 10:34 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Well obviously there will be no data because do you honestly think younger generations will post on the internet that they got divorced? Or things are going rocky for their marriages? Let's be realistic .
there's all kinds of people where who have been married in the last 10 years who post they get divorced.

What's the point of all this nonsense?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-13-2015, 10:44 AM

40 posts, read 24,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
there's all kinds of people where who have been married in the last 10 years who post they get divorced.

What's the point of all this nonsense?
Well the main question to ask is why did they get divorced? They said that they loved each other a lot and then end a relationship? I mean come on? Marriage is an at will now a days. When the person says I do do they really mean it? It seems there are too many miracle believers these days. Marriage takes a lot of work. Are these younger couples willing to work it at? Parents push them to get married because it is an American thing because they want their kids out of the house and then the parents compete to be super grandma or grandpa and if you confront them about it offline or online they deny that it is not true. When a person gets married does that marriage license get filed with some government agency that the couple took the oath to stay married till death to they part? I bet if that if there was a law that if a couple files for divorce for no matter what that they would be fined a lot of money , there would really be less marrying couples.

Old 09-13-2015, 10:48 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,768,103 times
Quote:
Well the main question to ask is why did they get divorced? They said that they loved each other a lot and then end a relationship? I mean come on? Marriage is an at will now a days. When the person says I do do they really mean it? It seems there are too many miracle believers these days. Marriage takes a lot of work. Are these younger couples willing to work it at? Parents push them to get married because it is an American thing because they want their kids out of the house and then the parents compete to be super grandma or grandpa and if you confront them about it offline or online they deny that it is not true. When a person gets married does that marriage license get filed with some government agency that the couple took the oath to stay married till death to they part? I bet if that if there was a law that if a couple fears divorced for no matter what that they would be fined a lot of money , there would really be less marrying couples.
OP:

Then go out into the world and actually ask these younger married couples your questions.

Old 09-13-2015, 10:49 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,398,974 times
Remember those couples who married in the 50s, how none of them got divorced? Wasn't that the best time?

Old 09-13-2015, 10:50 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,398,974 times
So your parents are pushing you to get married so they can be "super grandma and grandpa"? Wow, your parents sound terrible. No wonder you are so weird.

Old 09-13-2015, 10:52 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
A lot of older people got married during that time period too.

You may want to scrape up some actual facts and data.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-13-2015, 10:52 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
Remember those couples who married in the 50s, how none of them got divorced? Wasn't that the best time?
What about Don and Betty Draper? They got married in the 50s and got divorced. And Carol Brady was divorced from her first husband. I just don't know what to think anymore.

Old 09-13-2015, 10:58 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times
Quote:
Well you can say to the 10 15 20 and 50. But if you make a 50 year mark that will be good then. Because younger generations grew up with being self centered over the last years and parents dont teach them reality of life. They just want them out of the house and married. That is typical with American parents . But that milestone will show then. People saying they love each other is truly only proved if they work at it and survive all those years together. Talking and doing are 2 seperate things
I completely disagree. Been married 15 years and while I don't anticipate that changing, I can't predict it with certainty. There are a couple of issues that have the potential to divide us, but even if that does happen it does not in anyway disprove or undermine how much we love each other, and will continue to love each other even if we were to split up.

Old 09-13-2015, 10:58 AM

40 posts, read 24,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
OP:

Then go out into the world and actually ask these younger married couples your questions.
People go out into the world and ask those questions. People can ask you that those questions offline to you as well. What will you do if people confront you with those questions offline?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships