Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 09:59 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,270,342 times

Advertisements

I've had this discussion with my male friends and guys I've dated enough to know that based on what they've revealed to me --for my type at least--is that I have no business asking a man on the first date, to be my boyfriend, marriage, or anything like that. If he wants any of those things he will ask. I'm a go-getter and I need a man that's the same way. I've dated a passive guy before and I wasn't feeling it for that reason-I prefer men that are dominant and know what they want and go and take it. So under that context if I'm asking my type out there's a big problem-he is not as interested or interested at all. My mom had taught me this and much more and when I was younger I thought her advice was outdated or wrong but s*** my moms ain't never lied. She told me some of the realist stuff I know about men and so far everything she said has been right. Simply put if a man can't ask me out then he has no business f**** with a chick like me. I need a man that wants me enough to the point where whether I give him enough signs or not he will still ask me out. And I've met and had it happen far too much for me to write it off as "well he is interested but maybe he just needs.." Sorry if he needs me to do it then he isn't the one for me.

I understand that everyone is different but I can't see myself being the type of female that would feel secure in asking a man out. Kudos to those of you who don't mind it.

Last edited by Faith2187; 09-13-2015 at 10:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2015, 10:39 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Awww behave......you are making me .
excellent, you look good in red.

Old 09-14-2015, 03:49 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
excellent, you look good in red.
My fav color.

Old 09-14-2015, 03:52 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,300,978 times
Is this another thread to take shots at shy men?

Old 09-14-2015, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Is this another thread to take shots at shy men?
Did you even read the link?

It states women you shouldn't ask out men, it takes the control from them.

Old 09-14-2015, 04:07 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,715,076 times
I think the first part is absolute . The second part, parts make sense. I think women don't ask guys out because they don't want to give up the power or make themselves vulnerable in the beginning stages of a dating relationship.

Nope, shy guy with major anxiety issues here.

Old 09-14-2015, 04:15 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,107 times
It totally depends on the kind of guy she wants. If she wants a more assertive guy, she should let the guys ask her out. If she wants a less assertive guy, she should do the asking.

It also depends on the type of person she is. If she is a more assertive type, she should do the asking. That way she screens out the guys who don't like that kind of girl.

Old 09-14-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
It totally depends on the kind of guy she wants. If she wants a more assertive guy, she should let the guys ask her out. If she wants a less assertive guy, she should do the asking.

It also depends on the type of person she is. If she is a more assertive type, she should do the asking. That way she screens out the guys who don't like that kind of girl.
Good point.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:58 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,494,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i think women should ask men out more often. i think the writer is wrong and that doing so empowers women.

plus it makes it easier on us guys as we dont have to try and calculate an approach that a woman might find funny, uplifting, sincere, and harmless all at the same time.
Dating is probably not for you if you're worried about stepping on toes then. "Be yourself", right?

Anyway, I believe the fella running that blog makes his biz from dollying up women's OLD profiles. Stuff that really doesn't need a market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebyanothername View Post
Really?
I am sure it all depends.....

How many men are going to turn Kate Upton down if she asked?
I've seen cuter in person...though I understand that many folks go ga-ga over any face on a TV screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troymclure View Post
Ok. so I took the 3 minutes to read this claptrap. It almost sounds like the equivalent of the PUA B.S. out there. But even the author concludes with:

Really? That's all the wisdom?
Like I mentioned above, the guy tries to answer a question that the market has not asked for some time or maybe even ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clam84 View Post
There should be at least one dating website where women are the only ones that can initiate. Wouldn't that alleviate being bombarded by tons of men as in all other OLD sites? Or is that something you women like? So in this situation roles are somewhat reversed but at the same time does away with men 'shotgunning' needless emails until they get a reply (I've been told some do). Thoughts?
It'll go over like a lead balloon. Women don't take the initiative and it is what it is. I'll ask it again: Find me an OLD site where the majority of women are proactive in their first date planning. Let's be honest, it's usually "Surprise me!", "Be creative!" or "That's the man's job!". Geez, I hope she's not a vegan.

Quote:
I agree but wouldn't men be bombarded with countless women emailing or winking them constantly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by troymclure View Post
What I'm seeing about Bumble still shows a 55/45 M:F split. Even being empowered to initiate in an unencumbered manner hasn't brought women out en masse.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:36 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,169 times
Quote:
I agree but wouldn't men be bombarded with countless women emailing or winking them constantly?

Same problem.
Even with a site like that, the "constant bombardment" you mention still wouldn't happen, though. But what do I know, I'm just some guy on a computer who doesn't get out much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships