Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 09:18 PM

81 posts, read 72,287 times

Advertisements

I don't ask men out. I let them know I'm interested through different cues, and if they are interested, they ask me out. So I guess yes, for me personally, that piece is accurate. I like men who know how to read people, and I enjoy the social interaction that leads up to the asking (and all the other firsts you have in a relationship), so it works for me. Your mileage may vary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 03:17 AM

2,625 posts, read 3,414,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
That most men need to ask out a women.If a lady ask she is perceived as a s*ut.And most men don't like a woman to be forward, they like to persue.

Some men get the hints, many I told them and they never knew.

Dating sucks. Lol
I never thought of any woman as a so-called "s*ut" simply for asking me out or making whatever other moves with me (which has happened enough times over the course of many decades) . . . and I've even had enough women not just simply ask me out but pursue me for sexual relations. Why should a woman have to hold herself back from expressing interest in or attraction to a man? Who defined that "rule"? Maybe I, as a man, wasn't aware that she saw me or could think of me in that way or I may have found her personally appealing to me but thought to myself "Oh, she probably wouldn't go for me, so why bother? It's likely an exercise in futility." Yet if she makes the move on me, it reassures me that I can make future moves with her without necessarily feeling from-the-start that I'd likely get blown away by her by any disinterest in or aversion to me on her part. It demonstrates to me that she herself is already predisposed toward and tuned into me from-the-start, so I can proceed with greater self-confidence. How can that hurt either of us or do wrong by either of us toward one another?

I myself as well have asked enough women enough times for dating or to see one another or for a relationship or for physical intimacy (whether for pure affection or for outright sexual relations) . . . so why can't they as well ask me the same if so driven by their own attraction toward me? I'm not a mind reader or heart reader to know what every woman is thinking or how she feels about or toward me at all times. Why don't we each just make it easier on one another by being plain-talking and forthright and drop all these cat-and-mouse games that so many in society-at-large are seemingly so enamored of? I don't think of it as a power play or power relationship (e.g, for instance, with her thinking "If I ask him out, I've lost my power" and so on. I'm not trying to use or abuse or mistreat you, women of the world. I only mean right and well by you and do my best to convey that to you and have you be able to read that intent and heart into me.

In summary, I don't quite agree with the author. I am post-feminist. I believe in wholesale equality between the sexes and even take it further and say that women should, if and as they feel the attraction, ask men out and make the moves on them if the man himself doesn't already ask her out and make the moves on her beforehand. If some man can't handle that move by a woman, then that is HIS problem and she can well move on to other men. There are PLENTY of male fish in the sea, just as there are PLENTY of female fish in the sea.

Last edited by UsAll; 09-18-2015 at 03:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships