Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 07:26 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,456,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
Meetup does work. The singles group meet up might not. I personally only go to hiking groups and I can tell you I have met a lot of single women from all range group: college students to professors and business women.

My idea is, if I am going out, I might as well go out to do something that I enjoy. If I am going to look for a future partner, it is ideal that this partner enjoy something I enjoyed.
Did you not read the entirety of the post? I said activity based meetup groups are the only ones worth even giving a try to. Hiking counts as an activity. But even activity based groups are not guaranteed. There was one activity based meetup group that I had involvement in that rarely got attendees in the demographic group I was looking for most. However, on the rare occasions that there was a person with good demographics, I was able to get dates out of showing up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 01:01 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,992,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
True. You forgot to mention valuing your own sanity. From my personal experience, the stunts that women pull from sites/apps is amazing. They show less than zero regard for the men. I had to go old school in meeting women for the sake of my own sanity.
That's weird.

Didn't the 3-5 day rule and the getting more aggressively physical rule and the no coffee or food rule work?

I thought those were iron-clad.

I am sorry to hear of your dating difficulties.

As for the question of specific sites: I know several people who found great relationships on Match, two (pairs) of whom got married - one is my FIL. Still married, still happy. My BIL has also found several good relationships with OLD but I am not sure what site specifically. I should ask him. His current GF is a knockout and very financially independent. They have been dating for about a year and are thinking of moving in together.

The one site people I know IRL have booed is eharmony. My sister said it seemed to have this religious sort of bent...and I know FIL thought it was a flop but can't remember why. I'm not saying don't try it - just that I seem to hear a lot of negatives about it. But I am after all only one person with my own circle of family and friends.

I do know people other than these who have found great people to date using OLD but these are the three people closest to me IRL so I'm referencing them.

Last edited by JerZ; 11-30-2015 at 01:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships