Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2015, 11:05 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHS View Post
I'm single because I have cerebral palsy. Women don't want to be with a disabled man.

Or so they've told me.

Repeatedly.
Disabled women don't want to be with disabled men?

Old 11-06-2015, 02:03 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Haven't really met a woman I wanted to approach.

Old 11-06-2015, 03:24 PM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Because I can't listen to my Luther Vandross cassette without breaking down into a blubbery mess.

Old 11-06-2015, 05:41 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,850 times
Because after two back-to-back LTRs (one 8 years, followed by a one year relationship that continued on until recently as "will we/won't we" BS) I'm just exhausted. I have no clue what I'm doing and I'm too tired to learn.

On Wednesday I went out with a new friend I met over the weekend and didn't realize it was a date until he kissed me. So I think I'm moronic when it comes to dating anyway.

Plus I don't feel like going out there right now. I don't feel like plucking and waxing and buying new underwear and shaving certain parts and exfoliating and bleaching and fasting and all of the other nonsense that comes with being a single woman. It's sweater and boot weather. I just want to wear my comfy oversized sweaters and leggings and not have to worry about adorning my plumage so I can attract a mate. Bleh.

Old 11-06-2015, 05:52 PM

1,517 posts, read 1,665,735 times
I'm single because I enjoy my own company more than that of others.

Old 11-06-2015, 06:08 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,343,502 times
Because I haven't really found anyone drama-free. After I got divorced, I had a gf but ended the relationship after I discovered she wanted to move in with me (I have a very small apt. - a Studio); Another woman whom I've known forever is sweet but very needy; there are a couple of other women I know, with whom I would like to establish a relationship, but one's a therapist who works 60-70 hours a week (even Saturday); another is several years older and has some minor health issues.

Old 11-06-2015, 08:41 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,461,937 times
I'm a resolved single. I'm too selfish and unable to compromise enough for a relationship. I've been in 2 relationships in my life and both were wonderful experiences. I loved the companionship of a relationship and having someone to do stuff with every now and then, but I feel more comfortable alone and have never had any interest in anything serious. I knew at a young age that marriage wasn't for me. I think most people see someone long-term with the idea that it might eventually progress, but my relationships never went anywhere because I wouldn't let them. So I decided it was unfair for me to get involved in a relationship with a woman when I have no intention (and am really incapable) of a serious relationship. That just leads to hurt feelings and disappointment.

Truth be told, I'm extremely unfortunate looking and don't have a lot going for me, so I probably would've been single anyway even without the "resolved single" declaration. However, making a choice to be permanently single definitely helps the ego. I've rejected myself from the dating pool, so no one has to reject me. To me, it sounds a lot better to say that I don't want a relationship than I can't get a girlfriend.

Old 11-06-2015, 09:43 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,634,329 times
I think my problem has been difficulty meeting eligible ladies in the right environment at the right time in real life. I'm currently attempting the OLD experience which I don't recommend to anyone. I just need to get out there more.

And like others have stated, it's not all that bad being single. Ultimately a relationship would be nice, but i'm not going to get involved with a lady that has a ton of baggage and drama. Cigarette smoking is a huge turnoff as well as a woman that doesn't take care of themselves physically. I guess the standards are set high but so be it so are the costs.

Old 11-06-2015, 09:43 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,146,349 times
Because I am a total loser with multiple serious and untreatable mental disorders who can't manage money or "bridge the gap" and really connect with any other human being"

Hey, at least I have honesty going for me, LOL.

Old 11-06-2015, 09:51 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,634,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
Because after two back-to-back LTRs (one 8 years, followed by a one year relationship that continued on until recently as "will we/won't we" BS) I'm just exhausted. I have no clue what I'm doing and I'm too tired to learn.

On Wednesday I went out with a new friend I met over the weekend and didn't realize it was a date until he kissed me. So I think I'm moronic when it comes to dating anyway.

Plus I don't feel like going out there right now. I don't feel like plucking and waxing and buying new underwear and shaving certain parts and exfoliating and bleaching and fasting and all of the other nonsense that comes with being a single woman. It's sweater and boot weather. I just want to wear my comfy oversized sweaters and leggings and not have to worry about adorning my plumage so I can attract a mate. Bleh.
And after that vivid imagery it looks like a good recipe to remain single. jK.. really women just need to shave the legs and arm pits and basically keep good hygiene. Most men aren't that picky
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships