Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2016, 08:42 PM

8,917 posts, read 7,666,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Oh wow! You are actually lucky. There are lots of ups and downs to deal with in a relationship.

I don't miss the heartache at all.
I agree with, Rae Rae.

The few times I liked someone I certainly loved the happiness it made me feel, but I always CRASH....very hard. Even if the experience isn't FULLY official. The feelings I felt were still very real. It takes so long to get over it for me. Heartache sucks, though I suppose it is a "small" price to pay.

Old 04-27-2016, 10:32 PM

3,377 posts, read 4,988,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I agree with, Rae Rae.

The few times I liked someone I certainly loved the happiness it made me feel, but I always CRASH....very hard. Even if the experience isn't FULLY official. The feelings I felt were still very real. It takes so long to get over it for me. Heartache sucks, though I suppose it is a "small" price to pay.
Define "small" because just putting investment in the wrong person, even just before they crap out on you, they will entice you before pulling the disappearing act.

That can take a LONG time to get over.

Old 04-28-2016, 09:10 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,412,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
After I thinned down, not one but two girls asked me out. I'm...daresay it, attractive now.
How dramatic of a change was it? And did you build muscle or simply get thinner?

Old 04-28-2016, 12:21 PM

72,814 posts, read 62,127,610 times
Quote:
Oh wow! You are actually lucky. There are lots of ups and downs to deal with in a relationship.

I don't miss the heartache at all.
Depends on how you look at it. I do have more freedoms as a single person. On the other hand, I had some jealousy this week. One person posted about their engagement on Facebook. I should have congratulatedsaid person. Instead, I felt a sense of sadness and jealousy. Another post was about a couple being together for over a decade. I was happy for them, hut I was left wishing I had somebody.

Most of the time, I don't think about things like this. It is seeing other happy couples, seeing some guy getting affection, that is when the jealousy comes in.

Old 04-28-2016, 04:03 PM

11,334 posts, read 25,981,033 times
Quote:
True, but I value good people and trust worthy people. We have a huge shortage of that.
Good and trustworthy people are all over, but it's hard to run into them sometimes because so many are not playing the dating game, or even actively looking.

Old 04-28-2016, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat15 View Post
How dramatic of a change was it? And did you build muscle or simply get thinner?
I'd say I'm just leaner, not muscular, even though I can lift quite a bit. I lost right around 90 pounds during the course of a year in 2012.

By the start of 2013, I didn't recognize myself.

Old 04-28-2016, 04:19 PM

72,814 posts, read 62,127,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Good and trustworthy people are all over, but it's hard to run into them sometimes because so many are not playing the dating game, or even actively looking.
And decent, trustworthy people also get sought after, and become wives and husbands.

I'm 30 today, and I notice that the amount of single women my age has dwindled. Many that are single have issues such as lack of trustworthiness, and other problems I have mentioned.

Old 04-28-2016, 05:42 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,685,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
No we don't have a shortage of good and trustworthy people. They are all over the place.
Mmmmm.....maybe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I agree with, Rae Rae.

You can't get someone unless you try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
Define "small" because just putting investment in the wrong person, even just before they crap out on you, they will entice you before pulling the disappearing act.

That can take a LONG time to get over.
Yes it can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Depends on how you look at it. I do have more freedoms as a single person. On the other hand, I had some jealousy this week. One person posted about their engagement on Facebook. I should have congratulatedsaid person. Instead, I felt a sense of sadness and jealousy. Another post was about a couple being together for over a decade. I was happy for them, hut I was left wishing I had somebody.

Most of the time, I don't think about things like this. It is seeing other happy couples, seeing some guy getting affection, that is when the jealousy comes in.
Eh, many fb supposenly happy lives are fake or have a abundance of skeletons in their closet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Very true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And decent, trustworthy people also get sought after, and become wives and husbands.

I'm 30 today, and I notice that the amount of single women my age has dwindled. Many that are single have issues such as lack of trustworthiness, and other problems I have mentioned.
Lol, wait until you are almost 40.

Old 04-28-2016, 09:43 PM

2 posts, read 1,274 times
The guy I'm interested is married.

Old 04-28-2016, 11:19 PM

I've heavily considered giving up on dating entirely. I'm hitting 25 in 2 months, still haven't got much of a first kiss or laid.

Back when I was 21, I didn't think much of it. I thought it would soon come to pass, and wasn't all that important. Now that I've been rejected once for it I'm getting a little more self conscious about it.

The reason why I won't go through with it, is because the last time I gave up, it lasted around 3 months and then (some users here will know) I met she-who-won't-be-named. She wound up leading me on for the next year, banging a bunch of guys and leaving me high and dry.

Between her and the girl after her I've been having a dry spell that's lasted well in excess of a year now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships