Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2017, 07:21 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbles76 View Post
Please don't ruin my life by inflicting that on me.
You don't have to participate.

Old 03-26-2017, 11:02 AM

401 posts, read 552,050 times
I had one bad experience in high school. Gave up the idea of dating in college after I saw how the hook-up culture was. I turned down spending some time late night with a girl who had a boyfriend because the girl I liked in high school never told me about this guy she was seeing (didn't want to hurt my feelings) and I really didn't want to do that to a girl's boyfriend that I have never even met. I got daggers from her a few times throughout the year because I rejected her. Besides that, I didn't meet anyone in college worth going after. During my year of working before grad school and post college, I did try dating apps but with no success. Only got a few responses that got bored with me quickly. Before grad school, went on a trip and met a girl. We really hit it off in terms of attraction but another guy kept trying to take her attention and get with her. Got pretty annoying to say the least . With him around, I barely had time to actually talk to her. Later on, we went on our first casual date 1.5 months later and sporadic coffee here and there. She's very difficult to read, she's usually a lot more talkative with me when she's either drinking or we're having coffee. A few times she's gotten flirty while drinking but I can never tell if that's just for me or she does that to everyone. On my trip, she gave obvious signs: huge smiles, stares, touching my shoulder, getting to know me. We haven't been able to seemingly reignite that feeling which kind of stinks. She also hasn't really invited me to do stuff I feel I have to instigate all our hangouts.

That's why I'm currently single.

Old 03-26-2017, 11:05 AM

540 posts, read 362,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosdefinitely View Post
I had one bad experience in high school. Gave up the idea of dating in college after I saw how the hook-up culture was. I turned down spending some time late night with a girl who had a boyfriend because the girl I liked in high school never told me about this guy she was seeing (didn't want to hurt my feelings) and I really didn't want to do that to a girl's boyfriend that I have never even met. I got daggers from her a few times throughout the year because I rejected her. Besides that, I didn't meet anyone in college worth going after. During my year of working before grad school and post college, I did try dating apps but with no success. Only got a few responses that got bored with me quickly. Before grad school, went on a trip and met a girl. We really hit it off in terms of attraction but another guy kept trying to take her attention and get with her. Got pretty annoying to say the least . With him around, I barely had time to actually talk to her. Later on, we went on our first casual date 1.5 months later and sporadic coffee here and there. She's very difficult to read, she's usually a lot more talkative with me when she's either drinking or we're having coffee. A few times she's gotten flirty while drinking but I can never tell if that's just for me or she does that to everyone. On my trip, she gave obvious signs: huge smiles, stares, touching my shoulder, getting to know me. We haven't been able to seemingly reignite that feeling which kind of stinks.

That's why I'm currently single.
Paragraphs are so cool.

Old 03-26-2017, 11:35 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Not interested in anyone at the moment.

Old 03-26-2017, 11:49 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times
Shy and ugly

Old 03-26-2017, 11:51 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
sad. Maybe we should all meet up some time and I bet we can get a few folks fall madly in love with each other. That would be fun.
I wouldn't be too willing to participate in that meeting. As much crap as I've said here, I wouldn't be surprised if some wanted to try me because of what I've said.

Old 03-26-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
sad. Maybe we should all meet up some time and I bet we can get a few folks fall madly in love with each other. That would be fun.
That's not a good idea especially with some of the things I have said to the women here.

Old 03-26-2017, 12:05 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
That's not a good idea especially with some of the things I have said to the women here.
You still post here, though.

Old 03-26-2017, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You still post here, though.
I know... I'm just saying. No woman here is going to go on a date with me after some of the things I've said to them.

Old 03-26-2017, 12:59 PM

9,093 posts, read 6,314,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I wouldn't be too willing to participate in that meeting. As much crap as I've said here, I wouldn't be surprised if some wanted to try me because of what I've said.
I would consider attending a northeast / east coast meeting but include the midwest and I'd decline. Judging by most of the values expressed here, the midwest seems to be 50 years behind the coasts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships