Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 09:36 AM

914 posts, read 765,471 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are on different sleep cycles, at the moment, because she's at home during the day with our baby girl. She sleeps when the baby sleeps, so by the time I get home I'm ready for bed about 10ish, while she might not be sleepy yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 09:38 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,007,993 times
We usually go to bed at the same time. I enjoy falling asleep with him, but it's certainly not a necessity for me.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:40 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,253,443 times
thanks for the responses.. my boyfriend plays in a card game every thursday night with his buddies which might go pretty late (he works from home Friday's so this works for him). now he wants to play in this dart league on Tuesday nights from 8-11... i felt sad when he told me because its two nights we won't spend together or go to bed together (even though on weekdays we would probably just relax in front of the tv)... i think i may just be jealous that i don't have these fun things to do.. or maybe i'm being needy i just wanted to see if this would be a big deal to other people, but seems like it wouldn't. i dont want to prevent him from having fun.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:05 AM

468 posts, read 483,319 times
OP, it all depend on the individual couple and their situation. As long as the couple both are okay with their sleeping schedule, then no problem.
If 'you' for whatever reason don't feel comfortable with your BF night out, or gaming habit, or sleep late, etc.. then tell him, sit down and talk to your BF.. You have your own feelings, you have the rights to voice your concern, don't be afraid to tell your BF what bothering you. Communication is the key. Good luck OP

As for my situation. My husband work alot. My husband is a Tanker truck driver--he hauls gasoline and fuel liquids. He work long hours, he leave to work early in the morning before sunrise.
We both put in the effort to spend time together as much as we can, we do sleep and wake up at the same time.. I always cook him his late dinner, wait for him come home so we can eat dinner together and talk. Spend some time together and both go to bed.

I do worried about his safety when he on the road, especially knowing his truck hauls sloshing flammable/explosive liquid.. If I have a choice, I really don't want to see my husband hauling 10,000 gallons of highly flammable gasoline/fuel, delivered 5-6 loads per day. But he gotta do what he gotta do for survival.
The job is stable and pay decent too, with great benefits and annual raise. So no complaint about financial.

We wake up at the same time, eat early breakfast together. He knows I worried about him, so he said walk him out to the parking lot in the morning when he go to work.. I know he work hard for the future of our little family. So I do try my best to spend every minute I can with him when he home.. We both put in the effort to sleep and wake up at the same time.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:08 AM

914 posts, read 765,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bell235 View Post
thanks for the responses.. my boyfriend plays in a card game every thursday night with his buddies which might go pretty late (he works from home Friday's so this works for him). now he wants to play in this dart league on Tuesday nights from 8-11... i felt sad when he told me because its two nights we won't spend together or go to bed together (even though on weekdays we would probably just relax in front of the tv)... i think i may just be jealous that i don't have these fun things to do.. or maybe i'm being needy i just wanted to see if this would be a big deal to other people, but seems like it wouldn't. i dont want to prevent him from having fun.
Try having date night on Fridays and Saturdays.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:16 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,147,988 times
I make an effort to go to bed when my wife does, but it doesn't always work out that way. She likes to get more sleep than I do, so she'll go upstairs by 11-12 and I will either go with her or fall asleep on the couch till 1-2am, sometimes later on the weekends.

I do think it's somewhat important to go to sleep together, but it's not a top priority, so I try. Married for 20 years.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:17 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,150,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bell235 View Post
for those who are married or live with their significant other, do you go to bed at the same time with your SO *every* night? or does one of you sometimes stay up later to watch tv or do something else? is this important to you? do you think it's a crucial part of having a healthy relationship to go to bed together every night?
We go to bed at the same time 95% of the time. The only time we don't is if one of us goes to bed a little early for some reason. I think it's ideal to go to bed at the same time, but probably not crucial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships