Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2015, 01:59 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I'm not a parent, but shouldn't "good with my kids" be higher up on the list?

Oh no wonder I can't find one. I'm too short to reach them!
Lol....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8LeCJtKjEI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 02:02 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
PMSL have you not noticed you're on the Losing Side?

It was ever thus...

The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand the rules the world
I agree, that's why I'm wondering why the winning side is complaining so much.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:02 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
He is not nice to his ex wife but she has a history of stealing from him, drug use and cannot stay out of jail. I can see how he needs to be mean to her so he can maintain his freedom from her situations and protect his kids. We have similar exes...
Okay, try this for choosing better men:

If you meet a new man and he seems nice, ask about his history and his life experience.

If there are drugs/jail/severe mental issues/crazy exes/cheating/lots of kids with several women/often changes jobs anywhere in his stories, it MIGHT be an indication that he is NOT a good man.

There are good people who experience bad stuff but you, who has been burned with losers, should be more cautious to not fall for the weirdos again.

Also, always look at what friends he has. Your friends often reflect who you are. Not always, but often.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:10 PM

971 posts, read 688,989 times
Quote:
I am done with losers, jerks and crazy men. I cannot take anymore of the nonsense.

Where do you find good ones? How do you know for certain they are good?

I have been spending time with a good friend and he is always right there for me and his actions show me he cares, but how do I know he wont suddenly change?

Is this not how you found the last jerk? As I recall, he was a "good friend that was always there for you" just like this one. Maybe it's time to quit trying to date the "good friends" and concentrate on a total stranger. I think you are trying too hard and unless you have changed your thought process, you are too picky from what I recall.

If you figure out where to find good guys, maybe you can let me know where to find a good girl. Lol.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:12 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,773,496 times
Quote:
I am a good person that has a lot going for them. I generally date down, way down apparently. My flaw is being too nice, too trusting and putting up with too much crap.
Why do you date down?! I would say that is your biggest problem. Your lack of self esteem believing you don't deserve better. Sadly, women believe that if they date down the man will forever love them and cherish them. This is not true. Any man can treat you poorly. It doesn't matter if he's fat, bald, ugly, broke, nerdy, or socially awkward. If he can smell your insecurity he will take advantage of that.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:20 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
I disagree that you are a good woman. Any man of decent caliber will see you for what you are. A mother who drags her already damaged kids through one rotten relationship after another. They are probably even more scared than you about what the next one will be like.

Give up on "finding a man" until your kids are grown up and self sufficient. Clearly they can't handle what you are putting them through presently. This is not my advice for every single mom, only the ones who thrive on drama and put their physical and romantic needs ahead of their children's emotional ones.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:21 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
I agree, that's why I'm wondering why the winning side is complaining so much.
See: above re pushing and skanks.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:25 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,034,453 times
Wait i never said I didnt think I deserve better. I am a little, cute, fun, irish hottie that has men staring at me all the time.

I know i have my portion of my life together. I just cant get rid of the drama that others bring to my life. Like having a child with an untreated bipolar man, that now thinks the ticket to not having to pay cs, is to kill me. This is my drama.. Please do tell me how I can permanently remove him from my life?

Rarely do the guys that also have their crap together, want me. The ones that take interest are the ones that need something.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:26 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
See: above re pushing and skanks.
This is a contradictory statement to earlier posts.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:27 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,034,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Okay, try this for choosing better men:

If you meet a new man and he seems nice, ask about his history and his life experience.

If there are drugs/jail/severe mental issues/crazy exes/cheating/lots of kids with several women/often changes jobs anywhere in his stories, it MIGHT be an indication that he is NOT a good man.

There are good people who experience bad stuff but you, who has been burned with losers, should be more cautious to not fall for the weirdos again.

Also, always look at what friends he has. Your friends often reflect who you are. Not always, but often.
Him and I both have really good friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships