Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 10:11 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Ahh not quite. I do find him attractive. More so when he was 18 and not sporting the duck dynasty look but he is cute. I have friendzoned him because he has a similar track record with women and I would hate to lose him as a friend. He has sole custody of his kids because his ex cant stay out of jail either. He is the guy that I share everything with, drag out with me on sunday fundays, girl nights, etc. he is a closer friend than even my most recent ex was. That is a huge risk.
Wouldn't it also be a huge risk to miss out on finding out whether he could be the love of your life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 10:11 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Your life sounds like a train wreck. Multiple exes/baby daddies??

So I'm assuming two kids by two different men? That alone would raise some flags for some men.

Yup, two kids from two men, one she was not married to. And she raved about her two cars and two houses and being in good financial shape while she was on public assistance.

A total lack of self awareness. Post after post after post.

Old 09-17-2015, 10:15 AM

2,170 posts, read 1,954,574 times
I bet there is a good man already in your live and you just constantly over look him because you're naturally attracted to the losers and badboys.

"I just purchased my first house, I'm a manager at the local bank, I drive a newer Honda Accord, have a 401k and enjoy golfing in local fundraisers" - Ew, what a looooooser! Get out of here NERD!

"I'm unemployed so I have extra time to hang out with you, but check out my tattoos and new motorcycle, yea I just got it for only 15% interest to the bank, I enjoy drinking too much on Sundays and getting in fights at bars about football - OMG what a hottie! Come here and ruin my life already!

Old 09-17-2015, 10:21 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
And she raved about her two cars and two houses and being in good financial shape while she was on public assistance.
Yeah, I'm having a really hard time wrapping my head around this one.

Old 09-17-2015, 10:26 AM

951 posts, read 1,140,470 times
Quote:
I am a good person and I really have no idea why you believe different.

I own two houses (in a really expensive area!), drive a really nice car, work for a good company making an ok salary for my education, and bet my bank account has more cash then 80% of the people on this board.

I have tons of friends, most I have had for much of my entire life. The only thing in my life that I cant seem to master is relationships. And I am repeatedly told, even by my most recent ex's family and kids, that I am not the issue. He was.
If you know you're a good person, you don't need to come on here and get validation from others. Also, naming a house, car, and other money related items are not indicators of being a "good" person. I'm not saying you're not, but I've seen numerous posts where people would mainly name those material things, their education, and their looks, but nothing about their other personal qualities that are more important.

Old 09-17-2015, 10:29 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
I am done with losers, jerks and crazy men. I cannot take anymore of the nonsense.

Where do you find good ones? How do you know for certain they are good?

I have been spending time with a good friend and he is always right there for me and his actions show me he cares, but how do I know he wont suddenly change?
It depends on what you define as a good man. A good man takes on different meanings and forms for many different women. For some women, a good man is a man that is white collar, has an education, tall, most likely white waspy and is very chivalrous. While other women, a good man is a man that is funny, good looking, takes them off their feet, very attentive, can talk about anything with them. Most of the times these types of characteristics women go for don't last long after a decade or so.

I was watching a movie Called Up In the Air with George Clooney, who played some guy who flies across the country firing people on behalf of companies and corporations. He had to train some IVY league 20 something female about how to do the job properly. In one of the scenes the young girl received a text that her boyfriend broke up with her. Clooney's Character and another woman suggested what type of men do you like? The young woman said her type of man is a guy who has a white collar job, career, handsome, tall, white, college educated with a one syllable name, has straight white teeth, suburban suv. The typical nuances of today's modern college educated careerist women that you see in NYC, Boston, DC, SF and Chicago. These types of women reject most men, and a good few of these men are good men, however these types of women I mentioned do not want to settle for less even though time, nature and reproductive health is against their side.

I'm a good man on paper and slowly getting better, but last year I had a woman tell me that she did not find me sexually attractive and she needed to be with someone that attracts her. She went for another man that she felt attractive to, and now today she is a single mom.

Oh yeah op, didn't you say that your a single mom. Lots of good men tend to shy away from stuff like that. Lots of good men, want their own family. I know I do.

Old 09-17-2015, 10:47 AM

6,451 posts, read 9,812,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Wouldn't it also be a huge risk to miss out on finding out whether he could be the love of your life?

I think the OP has posted before that she wouldn't date a single dad. So that rule eliminates this guy.

Old 09-17-2015, 10:50 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
I'm just going to reiterate what I have said in each of your past threads:

No one "deserves" a good man or a good woman; that's something that you have make yourself worthy of. Look long and hard at what you can bring to the table in a relationship. Children, baby-daddy drama, and financial instability will deter your attempts to find a quality man. Being a good person and/or a good lay is not enough, especially when you are bringing in personal and financial baggage that can dramatically effect the relationship.

Old 09-17-2015, 10:52 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,277,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
I think the OP has posted before that she wouldn't date a single dad. So that rule eliminates this guy.

LOL

Really? But she's a single mom of two?

You can't make this stuff up.

Old 09-17-2015, 10:58 AM

2,170 posts, read 1,954,574 times
I bet the original poster owns a louis vuitton bag... any takers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships