Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 11:22 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
I would agree on the insecurity part but I have no issues with trust or level of her affection and care towards me. I would rather call it compatibility - you're now shaming me into s*** shaming, whereas I simply believe what she did was wrong and we have incompatible values. That's all. I would never call a girl a ****
What a load of crap....you aren't being shamed into sl*t-shaming her...it's what you are doing...but you just add the twist that it would be okay if she did it with you! Double standard and

I can't wait to see what your complaint about your next relationship will be...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2015, 11:24 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,065 times
This complaint seems like the one where a poster will be mad because his girlfriend made him "wait" longer than she made the last guy 'wait", as if all sexual relationships should be an exact replica of the previous one.

Old 09-19-2015, 11:24 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,459,309 times
Your gf should be sending you dirty texts. Something seems askew.

Old 09-19-2015, 11:27 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
This complaint seems like the one where a poster will be mad because his girlfriend made him "wait" longer than she made the last guy 'wait", as if all sexual relationships should be an exact replica of the previous one.
That's come up in several threads--the idea that if a woman in her past did something that she wasn't really into, or she didn't like, or wasn't ready for, that thing always has to be on the table because otherwise it's not fair to her current and future boyfriends.

Old 09-19-2015, 12:12 PM

405 posts, read 325,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I figured as much. Occasionally guys on this forum complain when they find out their girlfriend had a kinkier sex life with previous partners and they're only getting vanilla.

It's just another form of s**t-shaming IMO. Sometimes a woman discovers certain lifestyle choices weren't her cup of tea and then the current boyfriend decides she's tainted and dumps her.
Honestly, this is what I worry about a lot. I'd be very upset if I found out a woman I was seeing would do things with someone else but not with me. It would make me feel like I'm not attractive enough to her & would pretty much ruin the relationship.

I honestly think that's not necessarily the case, if she was willing to do it with someone else a bunch of times than it's obviously she enjoyed it unless it was just one time. But if she views you as "different" & doesn't want to do those things anymore it would be a mood killer. I mean why would a guy want to settle for a woman that has done more with a guy in the past, but refuses to do it with you even if she enjoyed it?

Old 09-19-2015, 12:15 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey4Life View Post
Honestly, this is what I worry about a lot. I'd be very upset if I found out a woman I was seeing would do things with someone else but not with me. It would make me feel like I'm not attractive enough to her & would pretty much ruin the relationship. I honestly think that's a lie, if she was willing to do it with someone else a bunch of times than it's obviously she enjoyed it unless it was just one time. But if she views you as "different" & doesn't want to do those things anymore it would be a mood killer.
I feel the same way. I can understand if she doesn't really like doing certain things and maybe felt coerced or pressured in past relationships... but otherwise, I'd feel kind of short-changed if a man brought his A-game to everyone but me, especially if the act in question is something I really like.

Old 09-19-2015, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
That's come up in several threads--the idea that if a woman in her past did something that she wasn't really into, or she didn't like, or wasn't ready for, that thing always has to be on the table because otherwise it's not fair to her current and future boyfriends.
Well, how do you know they didn't like it if they don't want to do something with a particular guy that they did with others? I'm sure that's not the case all the time where they didn't like it.

Old 09-19-2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I feel the same way. I can understand if she doesn't really like doing certain things and maybe felt coerced or pressured in past relationships... but otherwise, I'd feel kind of short-changed if a man brought his A-game to everyone but me, especially if the act in question is something I really like.
Yes, exactly. It would be a pretty big turn off & would really make me wonder why she was willing to do those things with others but not with me.

Old 09-19-2015, 12:28 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,946,425 times
She's not attracted to you and this relationship won't last.

Just my opinion.

Old 09-19-2015, 12:56 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
Doesnt need to be...you can have multiple partners if you had sex for the right reason...letting somebody random, outside of a meaningful relationship be vulgar for the pure sense of physical pleasure is a sign of a low self respect and animalism to me..but we all view things differently
You started out acting jealous because she sexted someone else in the past and not YOU when you liked it soooo much...now you've turned it around and say she's nasty to have done it in the first place! My, how we twist things around to suit ourselves! - Now you're perfectly justified in dumping the sl#t because she wasn't sl#tty with you. I'm glad for her - she needs a guy who can get beyond sex and be respectful of her and her past.

Why is it you enjoy (or said you enjoyed) such sl#tty behavior as sexting anyway? Or have you now sworn off it completely because it is degrading to receive this stuff? No exchange of pics either, right? Ya better warn any potential partners so you get get caught unaware by such disgusting behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships