Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 01:54 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
It varies completely by person. What's comfortable for you is different for him, and neither of you is "right." For instance, I dislike a lot of texting. I would not be comfortable with someone who texted me all day long, yet you don't mind it. I would find it very annoying. Neither of us is "right." It's a personal preference.
And I'd rather have texting all day than talk on the phone. Unless an issue needed to be resolved - that should always be done through talking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 01:58 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
I'd rather not be on the phone.... due to the office and my work. Texts are much better.

We save talk and discussions for the evening... However, we trade texts once in a while.. small stuff. Usually just to check up on how the day's going and errands/shopping stuff.

Old 09-17-2015, 01:58 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,658,374 times
Sounds like you're not into the relationship as much as he is. He's too clingy and his constant need for attention is wearing you down. You two need to get together and iron this out before it drives a wedge in your budding relationship.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:02 PM

3 posts, read 2,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
Sounds like you're not into the relationship as much as he is. He's too clingy and his constant need for attention is wearing you down. You two need to get together and iron this out before it drives a wedge in your budding relationship.
See, this is what I would like to determine.

Does not being available to or wanting communication 24/7 come off as 'I don't care about this relationship?' because that's really not the case. I'm just not a very clingy person.

Many people on here have indicated that they don't talk to their partners on the phone everyday, or don't text all day.. does that translate to their disinterest in the relationship?

Old 09-17-2015, 02:24 PM

20,763 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tezzal View Post
See, this is what I would like to determine.

Does not being available to or wanting communication 24/7 come off as 'I don't care about this relationship?' because that's really not the case. I'm just not a very clingy person.

Many people on here have indicated that they don't talk to their partners on the phone everyday, or don't text all day.. does that translate to their disinterest in the relationship?
Why don't you tell him "I DO care about this relationship, but I am just not a very clingy person, I don't need constant contact."

If he keeps bombarding you with messages, you will soon get annoyed and once you are annoyed, that's gonna be the end ....

Been there, done that. Once you are at the point that you get mad when the phone beeps, there is no return.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:31 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times
It sounds like the biggest issue here is your boyfriend is very insecure. My bf and I text a lot during the day. We talk on the phone maybe once or twice a week. But we don't live in the same city. I think if we got to see each other every day it would probably be less. There's really no right or wrong. Some people want to be in touch every minute, others don't. I think that would be a LOT of pressure on anyone for the other person to expect them to be constantly communicating and not just that but being touchy feely in person and gushing on social media. I don't think I could handle that.

Old 09-17-2015, 04:23 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,641,337 times
Quote:
He has a part-time job and also studies. I work full-time. But he thinks that if he can make the time to text all day, and have lengthy phone conversations, why can't I? That in turn makes him feel like he's putting in more effort in this relationship than I am. So I'm constantly trying to live up to his standard of doing things the way he thinks it should be done.

But it's hard. And he doesn't seem to get it. He needs me to be all over him at all times - whether it's via phone, text, in person, social media etc.
So is he looking for a mom or a girlfriend? You sound like your kind of flattered when in fact hes a big baby, that most on here find creepy. To each his own but you will tire of this quickly if in a permanent situation. You might remind him you get paid for eight hrs work and one day he will also have to do the same. Does he have a work ethic? Hope he will be able to support you if you lose your job due to mr. insecurity

Old 09-17-2015, 04:29 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,336,033 times
I want my love to be obsessed with me so all hours,but you're right I need alone time.

Old 09-17-2015, 04:31 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,641,337 times
Quote:
He has a part-time job and also studies. I work full-time. But he thinks that if he can make the time to text all day, and have lengthy phone conversations, why can't I? That in turn makes him feel like he's putting in more effort in this relationship than I am. So I'm constantly trying to live up to his standard of doing things the way he thinks it should be done.

But it's hard. And he doesn't seem to get it. He needs me to be all over him at all times - whether it's via phone, text, in person, social media etc.
So is he looking for a mom or a girlfriend? You sound like your kind of flattered when in fact hes a big baby, that most on here find creepy. To each his own but you will tire of this quickly if in a permanent situation. You might remind him you get paid for eight hrs work and one day he will also have to. Hope he will be able to support you if you lose your job due to mr. insecurity

Old 09-17-2015, 04:44 PM

61,705 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Your BF is a control freak, that what he is. This is NOT love!
He wants your 24/7 attention, he wants to be texted no matter what. He wants to know where you are and what are you doing, at any time of the day.
He cannot expect you to text him all day long (is he bored? doesn't he have something to do? work? school? housework? errands? reading a book or watching TV? no hobbies? no friends? - wow!)
He is also clingy, insecure, demanding, childish, high maintenance sorta guy. Really annoying.
Being with someone 24/7 without having personal space is not good for mental health. Everyone needs to be left alone from time to time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships