Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 07:22 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,240,996 times

Advertisements

ok guys please explain "the friendzone situation" to me.

I always thought it referred to the disappointment a man feels when his chosen lady gives him the "lets just be friends" talk.

What I didn't realize, until now, is apparently that disappointment is enough for the seeking guy to erase the female completely from his personal sphere of existence.

So what happens to all these wishes to be friends? Would you all rather the girl said, "dude, no matter what you do, I'm not going there with you"? Would that make you happier with the girl and more able to treat them as actual human beings and maybe hang out sometime, rather than just c*cking material?

There's a massive >>???<< when guys say they want a relationship, then when offered one (albeit not sexual), react like they've just been offered a dose of the plague!

Do y'all want a relationship, or do you just want a breathing sex toy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 07:28 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times
It's more a case of I want more than you have to offer me, so I will just focus my attention elsewhere.
I'm sure for some it is just about sex, some people are "just" about that. Their actions will follow suit as a result.

Intentions for even bothering to keep in contact with each other are just not the same, so people choose to move on in ways that do not further their attachment.

It's easy to say "let's be friends" it's another thing to follow through when feelings are actually present. You cannot control how someone makes you feel, you can only limit the exposure they have within your life to quell your own desires by disassociation.

As easy as it is for a women to fall back on the "im not a sex toy" as a counter argument for men who would wish to not be friends with those they fancy... The actual practice of not wanting to invole yourself further with someone who doesn't want the same things has little to do with sex or the sexes. It is a natural human behavior.

It's self preservation at the end of the day, it's looking out for your best interests.
Not many people are going to put "feeling unfufilled" on the short list of things they want to feel let alone involve themselves with who ever may make them feel that way by association.

Last edited by rego00123; 09-18-2015 at 07:52 PM.. Reason: Clarification

Old 09-18-2015, 07:30 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,458,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
It's more a case of I want more than you have to offer me, so I will just focus my attention elsewhere.
I'm sure for some it is just about sex, some people are "just" about that.
Yes, I agree. Time is finite. When you are a single guy, the first priority is finding a relationship with a sexual component.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:53 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
ok guys please explain "the friendzone situation" to me.

I always thought it referred to the disappointment a man feels when his chosen lady gives him the "lets just be friends" talk.

What I didn't realize, until now, is apparently that disappointment is enough for the seeking guy to erase the female completely from his personal sphere of existence.

So what happens to all these wishes to be friends? Would you all rather the girl said, "dude, no matter what you do, I'm not going there with you"? Would that make you happier with the girl and more able to treat them as actual human beings and maybe hang out sometime, rather than just c*cking material?

There's a massive >>???<< when guys say they want a relationship, then when offered one (albeit not sexual), react like they've just been offered a dose of the plague!

Do y'all want a relationship, or do you just want a breathing sex toy?
What you are saying is ridiculous. I've said before in this thread I have female friends who my relationship with them started platonic and is platonic. There is a major difference in developing a platonic relationship from the ground up and accepting a platonic relationship as a consolation prize after being rejected for a romantic relationship.

Are guys supposed to feel guilty in wanting companionship and sex from a woman they've grown to like? Do guys have no right to protect their hearts by not being around that person they know they will never experience the level of intimacy they want with that woman?

News flash; you are NOT entitled to a platonic friendship with a guy. You are talking like just because you let him down gently he owes you a platonic coffee date at Starbucks. Hell no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships