Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 07:10 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,249,853 times

Advertisements

Only desperate dudes stay in the friendzone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 07:23 AM

41 posts, read 27,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It IS low ...

... and "you" don't have to allow it. Move on, as you would with ANY friend of either gender.
I already said that it has never happened to me, and there's no need for you to tell me to not allow it for the simple reason that I already know not to do so. This thread is about the people who do it, and about how low it is, which you agree with.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:26 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,702,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLK View Post
I already said that it has never happened to me, and there's no need for you to tell me to not allow it for the simple reason that I already know not to do so. This thread is about the people who do it, and about how low it is, which you agree with.
You really can't do anything about the people who use other people, you can only control yourself (and I mean yourself as in not you personally, but in the broad sense). So saying they are horrible people does nothing. They don't care, they aren't going to change, and it doesn't really help anyone.

So I think what that poster is saying (And I agree) if "you" (in the broad sense) are in a friend zone it's because you've allowed yourself to be placed there. If someone takes advantage of you because of it, you need to exercise your free will and move on and not deal with people who are users.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
You really can't do anything about the people who use other people, you can only control yourself (and I mean yourself as in not you personally, but in the broad sense). So saying they are horrible people does nothing. They don't care, they aren't going to change, and it doesn't really help anyone.

So I think what that poster is saying (And I agree) if "you" (in the broad sense) are in a friend zone it's because you've allowed yourself to be placed there. If someone takes advantage of you because of it, you need to exercise your free will and move on and not deal with people who are users.
True, but when someone is infatuated with or in love with someone, and the they tell you let's just be friends, it's very easy to believe that the person likes you, and it's also very easy to believe that maybe, just maybe, there's a chance one day. Criticizing the person who is friendzoned and telling them not to let it happen is one thing, but that person isn't the one manipulating the other. Knowingly taking advantage of someone deserves more attention and discussion that being taken advantage of, simply because the "victim" is in a vulnerable state of mind, whereas the manipulator is simply using the situation to boost their ego and gain a lackey. The former is unfortunate, but the latter is very low and that's what is being discussed right now.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:36 AM

Quote:
True, but when someone is infatuated with or in love with someone, and the they tell you let's just be friends, it's very easy to believe that the person likes you, and it's also very easy to believe that maybe, just maybe, there's a chance one day. Criticizing the person who is friendzoned and telling them not to let it happen is one thing, but that person isn't the one manipulating the other. Knowingly taking advantage of someone deserves more attention and discussion that being taken advantage of, simply because the "victim" is in a vulnerable state of mind, whereas the manipulator is simply using the situation to boost their ego and gain a lackey. The former is unfortunate, but the latter is very low and that's what is being discussed right now.
I am not criticizing, I am giving the truth as the voice of someone who has been there, done that (and I know I only have myself to blame for letting myself be in that friendzone... no one forced me there). It's not easy, but if you find yourself in that situation (again the bigger "you), you just have to move on no matter what. Distract yourself, get a new hobby, work out more, whatever. It's the only thing you can do about it because you can only control your own actions. Complaining about bad people being bad accomplishing nothing.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
I am not criticizing, I am giving the truth as the voice of someone who has been there, done that (and I know I only have myself to blame for letting myself be in that friendzone... no one forced me there). It's not easy, but if you find yourself in that situation (again the bigger "you), you just have to move on no matter what. Distract yourself, get a new hobby, work out more, whatever. It's the only thing you can do about it because you can only control your own actions. Complaining about bad people being bad accomplishing nothing.
Again, the topic is about people who manipulate others. It's a legitimate topic. It can be discussed.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:43 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,806,359 times
I curse the day the word friendzone was ever invented. God the whole concept is annoying.

Look at this 15 step battle plan to "test" someone for true friendship. Seriously?

Is someone doesn't want to boink you either you can either deal with it or you can't. If you can't be around the person without hoping and wishing then remove yourself from the relationship. Stop making this a thing someone did TO you. Mangage your own emotions. Yikes.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:43 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
I know. The "you" was a joke.

Why so serious?

Old 09-18-2015, 07:44 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,024,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I avoid the friend zone problem by dropping someone the SECOND they reject me. No muss no fuss.
Why? You could be missing out on a great friendship.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Again, the topic is about people who manipulate others. It's a legitimate topic. It can be discussed.
Well, I agree that mean people suck. I don't know what else to discuss about it other than to avoid them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships