Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 01:41 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,238,463 times

Advertisements

This just happened yesterday.

Me and friend A were bitching about Friend B's boyfriend.

We would've DIED if she'd overheard us. To her face its all smiles and sweetness, because that's what friends do.

Privately though we are all baffled as to what she sees in the guy.

She's a stunning blonde. He is unemployed, mean, douchey, doesn't drive and has no teeth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 02:46 PM

195 posts, read 139,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
This just happened yesterday.

Me and friend A were bitching about Friend B's boyfriend.

We would've DIED if she'd overheard us. To her face its all smiles and sweetness, because that's what friends do.

Privately though we are all baffled as to what she sees in the guy.

She's a stunning blonde. He is unemployed, mean, douchey, doesn't drive and has no teeth.
No teeth?!

Old 09-18-2015, 03:02 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I would defend any close friend of mine much less my wife.

I would start to question my acquaintance with such a person....
Ditto. Calling someone out on their actions is one thing, but talking about their appearance or character is catty and gossipy. Plus as a general rule, I don't ***** about people behind their backs; I have no issues with confronting someone directly. Maybe my standards for friendship are unrealistically high, but I'd expect the same in return.

Old 09-18-2015, 03:06 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,238,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollandnim View Post
No teeth?!

I swear to God cross my heart.

She got me to take couple pics of them and there she is, blonde and beautiful, stood next to Worzel Gummidge.

Old 09-18-2015, 03:11 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,089,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
She got me to take couple pics of them and there she is, blonde and beautiful, stood next to Worzel Gummidge.
Perhaps she finds comfort in dating someone that resembles the father figure that may have been missing in her life....

Worzel Gummidge? really... lucky guy I suppose.

Old 09-18-2015, 05:57 PM

Good point, actions is definitely another thing. She did defend his actions but with the appearance thing I saw she didn't even try to "defend" him in that area, she just honestly thought they were crazy for not seeing him as attracrive as she thought he was.

I did hear she told her friend not to say that stuff to her about him because it's not true and I saw them get pretty tense about it. Saying bad stuff about someone is really a low blow and shows bad character, you're right. Too bad some people can't keep their mouth shut!

Old 09-18-2015, 06:17 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
A best friend don't bad mouth people their best friend care about.

I cant imagine my best friend doing such a thing, but if he/she did, I'd give him/her a refresh course in RESPECT!

Old 09-18-2015, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
A best friend don't bad mouth people their best friend care about.

I cant imagine my best friend doing such a thing, but if he/she did, I'd give him/her a refresh course in RESPECT!
Sometimes I wonder if she did so so easily because she was jealous of our friend? They were best friends but the way lesser attractive one (not to be offensive!) was always trying to be like the other because she was so amazing. I know the lesser attractive one meant what she said about her best friend's S/O ...but when she didn't respect her friend by not voicing those opinions sometimes I wonder if it was out of jealousy.

Sounds like a terrible friend and person! When ironically everyone thought she was funny and quirky she was really a nightmare lol

Old 09-18-2015, 09:08 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,359,771 times
I'd say, some real classy "friends" you got there.

Old 09-18-2015, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebyanothername View Post
I'd say, some real classy "friends" you got there.
Looked like it. Some situations bring out the worst in people. Usually jealousy unfortunately!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships