Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 05:21 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,290,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauriene View Post
I agree. That's a given. But the problem is that too many women these days are taking a huge risk, and as a result, some of them are getting violent retaliation.
The point is that it shouldn't BE a "huge risk."

It should not ever be acceptable to assault someone, regardless of whether or NOT one may "feel" they "have it coming."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2015, 05:24 PM

51,904 posts, read 52,298,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Sometimes, you got to keep the pimp hand strong. Keeps things in order
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Don't worry, I'm pretty sure Chow has no pimp hand.
LOL, anyone on here familiar with me or Mrs. Chow knows that I wouldn't have to use "the pimp hand" on her....

I have common sense, plus she'd probably whack me back...

Old 09-19-2015, 05:25 PM

30 posts, read 22,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
The point is that it shouldn't BE a "huge risk."

It should not ever be acceptable to assault someone, regardless of whether or NOT one may "feel" they "have it coming."
But it IS. That's reality.

There will always be people who will smack someone who gets in their face. That's life and you can't change that. Given those circumstances, it's extremely foolish for a woman to get in a man's face and assume that he isn't one of those who will smack her in retaliation. It's very risky and stupid.

Old 09-19-2015, 05:25 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,459,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, anyone on here familiar with me or Mrs. Chow knows that I wouldn't have to use "the pimp hand" on her....

Old 09-19-2015, 05:47 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,241,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Yea, Mrs Chow would destroy you, lol. Worse, once you lift that hand the goods are on automatic lockdown

Old 09-19-2015, 05:48 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,126,699 times
What's with the sentiment around here that a woman getting in a man's face is grounds for physical attack?...to actually strike a woman just because she gets in your face is weak and trashy cretin behavior in my book...now if she physically hits you or attacks you or something like that, then that's totally different, and all bets are off, and she gets what she gets just like a small, weak, but aggressive man will....but getting in your face is no reason to attack anyone, man or woman. At worst you should be able to move her aside and/or walk away.

Old 09-19-2015, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
What's with the sentiment around here that a woman getting in a man's face is grounds for physical attack?...to actually strike a woman just because she gets in your face is weak and trashy cretin behavior in my book...now if she physically hits you or attacks you or something like that, then that's totally different, and all bets are off in my book...but getting in your face is no reason to attack anyone, man or woman. At worst you should be able to move her aside and/or walk away.
No, I'm saying that it is foolish for a woman to risk getting hurt in a big way. A lot of women nowadays get in men's faces, thinking that nothing is going to happen to them because they're women, but more often these days they are getting smacked for doing it.

Old 09-19-2015, 05:58 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,126,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauriene View Post
No, I'm saying that it is foolish for a woman to risk getting hurt in a big way. A lot of women nowadays get in men's faces, thinking that nothing is going to happen to them because they're women, but more often these days they are getting smacked for doing it.
I agree that it is foolish, but realistically, nothing SHOULD happen if a person gets in your face. No one is obligated to get out of another person's face during a disagreement...and if a man or woman attacks another person just for getting in their face, that person is wrong...even more wrong than the person standing in his/her face. Again, I say all this, with the understanding that no actual bodily contact has been made by the person getting in the other person's face...as long as this is the case, for me, a man has no grounds for hitting a woman.

Now if she's in his face, and he's trying to walk away, and she wont move, or she's blocking the exit somehow, then thats akin to kidnapping/holding someone against their will, and he has every right to do whatever it takes to move her or to remove himself from the situation

Old 09-19-2015, 06:00 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,210,249 times
Quote:
What's with the sentiment around here that a woman getting in a man's face is grounds for physical attack?...to actually strike a woman just because she gets in your face is weak and trashy cretin behavior in my book...now if she physically hits you or attacks you or something like that, then that's totally different, and all bets are off, and she gets what she gets just like a small, weak, but aggressive man will....but getting in your face is no reason to attack anyone, man or woman. At worst you should be able to move her aside and/or walk away.
Sadly I think "stand your ground" laws have had this unexpected consequence.

If someone goes on your property you are allowed to use maximum force.

It seems to have had a bleed down effect somewhat. The "she deserved killing" defense.

Old 09-19-2015, 06:01 PM

Quote:
I agree that it is foolish, but realistically, nothing SHOULD happen
But it does happen. That's reality. Stick to reality, not things that can't ever be changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships