Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 01:55 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
Coffee dates are for suckers. Any man who has any self respect should turn down coffee dates immediately. It is a way for a woman to waste your time, vet you from a distance while having all the power and control with very little investment on her part.

Have you ever seen people making out during a coffee shop date?
Most people I know don't make out on the first date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2015, 01:58 PM

361 posts, read 333,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
That is good for you. I always make a move on the first date unless the woman is giving some really weird body language. Even when she does, I try to kiss her anyways, at that point, you have nothing to lose.

Old 09-20-2015, 01:59 PM

16 posts, read 29,402 times
Quote:
Coffee dates are for suckers. Any man who has any self respect should turn down coffee dates immediately. It is a way for a woman to waste your time, vet you from a distance while having all the power and control with very little investment on her part.

Have you ever seen people making out during a coffee shop date?
Agree

Old 09-20-2015, 02:00 PM

16 posts, read 29,402 times
Quote:
Thats funny I made out with my current gf when. I first met her on the first date
But it sure wasn't at a coffee shop

Old 09-20-2015, 02:03 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
Making out with a total stranger is gross, but I know people have different standards these days.

There's something about feeling a true connection and that adding to the electricity and passion of the first kiss.

5,429 posts, read 4,454,216 times
Quote:
That is good for you. I always make a move on the first date unless the woman is giving some really weird body language. Even when she does, I try to kiss her anyways, at that point, you have nothing to lose.
I look to make a move on the first date. I flirt, and casually touch her. This is why I do not do coffee or dinner dates. The spatial relations do not help me. I like being side-by-side to enhance my ability to make a move. If I get a really bad vibe that she's not open to a kiss, I don't do it. Also, if a woman turns the cheek, that is basically the sign there will be no second date.

28,226 posts, read 36,852,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCGSD View Post
I actually like that idea of a walking tour. I'm just thinking you don't get a lot of talk time and the price for that may be higher than actually just getting a couple of drinks. Good suggestion.
Your city might have some free ones! Mine does. . Sometimes you can get maps for self-guided ones too at the visitors center.

Old 09-20-2015, 02:04 PM

69 posts, read 76,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, you're going to the wrong coffee places, if there's kids running in and out and it's loud. Scout around and find one or two, whose ambience you like. They're out there, you just have to find them. Try bakeries, teahouses (they also serve coffee), maybe a bookstore with a coffee/snack corner. Enjoy exploring. You may find something a little out-of-the-way that you really like.
I've gone to many non corporate coffee shops in my town and they are often packed with college students with limited seating. You still have bookstores around you with coffee shops inside?!

Old 09-20-2015, 02:05 PM

361 posts, read 333,549 times
Quote:
Making out with a total stranger is gross, but I know people have different standards these days.

There's something about feeling a true connection and that adding to the electricity and passion of the first kiss.
Like I said, I used to think like you do, I don't think there is right or wrong when it comes to that but being a "gentleman" nowadays will not get you too far.

A "quality" woman will probably appreciate your hesitation but those are really hard to find these days.

Old 09-20-2015, 02:06 PM

69 posts, read 76,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Your city might have some free ones! Mine does. . Sometimes you can get maps for self-guided ones too at the visitors center.
That actually sounds fun to me. I have a Sea World Pass for free due to my job (I know many are anti Sea World) and get free passes for guests. Parking would be paid for though. I think it would be a fun date but definitely not in the beginning due to the crowds, noise, and kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships