Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 06:28 PM

62 posts, read 49,951 times

Advertisements

I have a cousin whose sister in law is cheating on her husband. She has turned the blind eye towards this situation for almost a year now, but she feels terribly bad for the husband and is starting to fear for the safety of her nephews. Apparently the sister in laws whole family knows about the situation but it's becoming a dangerous situation. Whenever someone from the family approaches her about the situation the sister in law becomes irate and starts saying that she knows people's secrets and if they tell her husband she will tell everyone's secrets.
The person who the sister in law is cheating with lives Accross the street from them (my cousin lives in the same building) A couple months ago he threw a rock and broke the window in her kids room in the middle of the night. The other day she was going to her car with her 3 year old and the guy started following her to the car fighting with her. He started punching the car and it became physical between them.
Honestly how the husband does not know baffles me, all of this is happening right in front of his house and he doesn't know? I just find that hard to believe.
Anyways my cousin is afraid that something bad may happen.
So do you think someone should tell the husband?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2015, 06:41 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,487,636 times
Here is a good rule of thumb for being a cheating snitch, never do it, ever, in your entire adult life.
(well unless you want to ruin people's lives and you are the one responsible) Chances are they will figure it out soon enough, but never be the person to tell, stupid.

Old 09-20-2015, 06:47 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,249,853 times
Only to the people I love.

Old 09-20-2015, 06:57 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,030,601 times
It's not the same as telling someone that they have pizza sauce on their lip.

Old 09-20-2015, 07:12 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,908,221 times
I used a more indirect approach once.

I walked into a bar near my house and saw a buddy's girlfriend there, making out with another guy on the patio and in PDA mode. I immediately, detoured back into the bar and called my buddy and told him to come down, I would buy him beers and Jager and hang out.

He only lived about ten minutes away.

I texted him to meet me on the patio when he got there, then I took off to get something to eat at a restaurant next door to the bar.

He showed up, walked right into it and having beers with me was the last thing he was thinking about at that point.

Old 09-20-2015, 07:18 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,487,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
I used a more indirect approach once.

I walked into a bar near my house and saw a buddy's girlfriend there, making out with another guy on the patio and in PDA mode. I immediately, detoured back into the bar and called my buddy and told him to come down, I would buy him beers and Jager and hang out.

He only lived about ten minutes away.

I texted him to meet me on the patio when he got there, then I took off to get something to eat at a restaurant next door to the bar.

He showed up, walked right into it and having beers with me was the last thing he was thinking about at that point.

Well don't keep us in suspense, what happened?

Old 09-21-2015, 07:00 AM

To be honest I don't think my cousin should get involved. I think it would cause too much drama within her family. But, I do understand my cousins position because she sees the possibility of something happening and those kids can get hurt. Obviously this guy doesn't care if he has no problem approaching the sister in law in the streets and publicly fighting with her, and throwing a rock at her kids window.
The sister in law is also not clearly thinking considering she is putting her children's lives in harms way like this.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:49 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,702,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetah123 View Post
I have a cousin whose sister in law is cheating on her husband. She has turned the blind eye towards this situation for almost a year now, but she feels terribly bad for the husband and is starting to fear for the safety of her nephews. Apparently the sister in laws whole family knows about the situation but it's becoming a dangerous situation. Whenever someone from the family approaches her about the situation the sister in law becomes irate and starts saying that she knows people's secrets and if they tell her husband she will tell everyone's secrets.
The person who the sister in law is cheating with lives Accross the street from them (my cousin lives in the same building) A couple months ago he threw a rock and broke the window in her kids room in the middle of the night. The other day she was going to her car with her 3 year old and the guy started following her to the car fighting with her. He started punching the car and it became physical between them.
Honestly how the husband does not know baffles me, all of this is happening right in front of his house and he doesn't know? I just find that hard to believe.
Anyways my cousin is afraid that something bad may happen.
So do you think someone should tell the husband?
I tend to stay out of other's people's business (a lot of this kind of stuff ends up being wild rumor and untrue gossip), but in this case there are innocents at risk (the kids). I think the husband should be told who is throwing rocks and making threats. Maybe don't mention the affair since that's not really the primary threat/issue, but at least let the man know how is trying to hurt his kids so he can take action to protect them.

Old 09-21-2015, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
I tend to stay out of other's people's business (a lot of this kind of stuff ends up being wild rumor and untrue gossip), but in this case there are innocents at risk (the kids). I think the husband should be told who is throwing rocks and making threats. Maybe don't mention the affair since that's not really the primary threat/issue, but at least let the man know how is trying to hurt his kids so he can take action to protect them.
In this case its not a wild rumor as the sister in law has admitted to the affair and she is open about it with her family, the only one who apparently does not know is the husband- weird.....

I told my cousin that the next time there is an altercation if the boys are around she should just call the husband and just tell him that his wife seems to be arguing with someone and she is with the boys that way he can get the boys out of harms way.

Old 09-21-2015, 10:40 AM

151 posts, read 159,386 times
No. If they don't find out no one is hurt, so why hurt people??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships