Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 08:49 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,613,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv123_go View Post
He is not married of course
Well he is moving to another state in two weeks. so he sold his house and has been living with his parents for last 30 days. So I don't want to spend the night at his parents' place. That is why he comes to my place.
If that's the case, he may just want to keep it casual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2015, 08:49 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,544,848 times
Quote:
Hey everyone,

I am 24 and my bf is 37. I like him a lot.But we have a huge issue (or it seems huge to me).
Due to some circumstances, he comes over to my place and I am ok with it. Yet, he never spends the night.

Has anyone faced this kind of an issue? I don't know how to react on this
Face it all the time when I go out to eat in a Restaurant. I go in and have a good meal, and leave. This should be a warning sign.

I am sure a lot of guys will relate to this. If you have a GF you like , (just like) and the Sex is good, you spend some time together, play a little, and then go home for the day. If you "Really" care a lot, you don't want to go home. If the Girl asks why, you don't want to throw cold water on a sweet deal, so you come up with excuses. Been there, done that, as a lot of Guys have. Fun, but not serious.

That's a scenario you should consider and investigate, so if it is the case, you won't be hurt down the road. If your happy with the relationship "as is" then say nothing. Just don't expect a "Happily Ever After."

Old 09-20-2015, 08:50 PM

58 posts, read 58,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAHomiez71 View Post
Maybe because he is too old for you, that's a huge age gap, ur 24 and hes 37? wow, anyways your like a little girl to him, he Is trying to tell you to get a life and leave him alone I guess, he doesn't really want anything to do with you since your still 24 and way too young for him. If you really had a boyfriend, you would know how to deal with him but you don't and that's why you come here complaining about him.....
Well I don't think it is true. I met his parents (and it was his choice). We always go out together and he introduces me as his girlfriend. We had a long distance relationship for 2 months and we were talking 24/7.
I am sorry, but I don't think I 'd agree with you.

Old 09-20-2015, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Are you all breaking it off when he moves to another state?
No. Well he talks about our future plans. So I don't think he does think about break up.

Old 09-20-2015, 09:07 PM

2,702 posts, read 1,820,797 times
Accept his answers at face value. They sound legit to me and shouldn't be taken personally. It doesn't have anything to do with his feelings for you. As you get older you'll appreciate how important it is to get a good nights sleep.

Why is it so important for him to spend the night with you, especially knowing that lack of sleep causes him headaches and other problems?

Old 09-20-2015, 09:09 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,667,049 times
Quote:
He is not married of course
Well he is moving to another state in two weeks. so he sold his house and has been living with his parents for last 30 days. So I don't want to spend the night at his parents' place. That is why he comes to my place.
Sure?

Old 09-20-2015, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletg View Post
sure?
100%

Old 09-20-2015, 09:18 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,742,048 times
I would think it was weird but I've come to find out that people have their own weird sleeping habits. One guy just couldn't sleep with anyone and another guy could not sleep touching me. Sometimes I can't sleep with them either and will end up sleeping on the couch. It's hard to change your habits.

Old 09-20-2015, 09:19 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,667,049 times
Quote:
100%
Humm....then there are bigger issues...he's rather delicate to live with someone ever....so don't get your hopes up.....or he's still under his parents thumb.....also not good at his age.

Old 09-20-2015, 09:25 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,699,580 times
You aren't part of his future. He's moving you aren't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships