Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 04:56 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjess1951 View Post
I think people (especially females) get this idea in their heads that all relationships that are "meant to be" are supposed to be easy, no issues or problems. I'm not sure if this is true or the idea we got from watching all the movies about romance.

How many people can honestly say that it was always easy from day one? Or how many people can say that their relationship had complications, but still worked out? Has anyone ever had to make the decision to walk away and that actually helped further the relationship once the other person realize they made a mistake?

Without going into details, I've been in a very complicated situation with a man since May. But lately I've really been questioning whether or not we are "meant to be" or if this would work out. I really feel like he thinks he has me and I'm not going anywhere and that's why he can't make a decision about whether or not he wants to be with me.
Nope, they are far from easy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2015, 05:02 PM

507 posts, read 442,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Listen SweetJizz
Please tell me that's a typo made by your autofill.

Old 09-21-2015, 05:35 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Quote:
I think people (especially females) get this idea in their heads that all relationships that are "meant to be" are supposed to be easy, no issues or problems. I'm not sure if this is true or the idea we got from watching all the movies about romance.

How many people can honestly say that it was always easy from day one? Or how many people can say that their relationship had complications, but still worked out? Has anyone ever had to make the decision to walk away and that actually helped further the relationship once the other person realize they made a mistake?

Without going into details, I've been in a very complicated situation with a man since May. But lately I've really been questioning whether or not we are "meant to be" or if this would work out. I really feel like he thinks he has me and I'm not going anywhere and that's why he can't make a decision about whether or not he wants to be with me.
Healthy, satisfying relationships take work. What they don't take is one person having to convince the other to be with him or her.

Old 09-21-2015, 05:38 PM

48,521 posts, read 34,843,322 times
I consider myself a difficult personality, especially as a spouse.

My late husband was very easy going, and we still had a rocky start, but were very happy after 18 years when he passed.

My current husband is a difficult personality, and we have a rocky start.... but we both know that is how it is because we butt heads, we both know neither is going anywhere, and the other's happiness is very important to both of us.

I'm not a person who will ever have an easy marriage or relationship. /shrug

But I pick awesome husbands!!!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-21-2015, 05:52 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I consider myself a difficult personality, especially as a spouse.

My late husband was very easy going, and we still had a rocky start, but were very happy after 18 years when he passed.

My current husband is a difficult personality, and we have a rocky start.... but we both know that is how it is because we butt heads, we both know neither is going anywhere, and the other's happiness is very important to both of us.

I'm not a person who will ever have an easy marriage or relationship. /shrug

But I pick awesome husbands!!!
Yes, my husband is a bit... high maintenance; much like a young Frank Costanza. In the beginning it was mentally exhausting, because I'm the type who almost never get's worked up. Except over craft projects. Want to see me go ape-****? Just tell me I have to make so some open-ended Pinteresty type of project: "What kind of mentally deranged ****-nut decided to invent scrapbooking, anyway??!! **** you, PTA. You got my annual dues, you got my Box Tops, but I won't let you take my dignity!" (That was a direct quote from last week's... incident)

Old 09-21-2015, 05:54 PM

48,521 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Yes, my husband is a bit... high maintenance; much like a young Frank Costanza. In the beginning it was mentally exhausting, because I'm the type who almost never get's worked up. Except over craft projects. Want to see me go ape-****? Just tell me I have to so some open-ended Pinteresty type of project: "What kind of mentally deranged ****-nut decided to invent scrapbooking, anyway??!! **** you, PTA. You got my annual dues, you got my Box Tops, but I won't let you take my dignity!" (That was a direct quote from last week's... incident)

Woman you seriously crack me up, and you are a wicked little minx to boot.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-21-2015, 06:47 PM

282 posts, read 219,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Listen SweetJizz, all relationships are work.

Imagine going boating on the ocean and not expecting storms.
Agreed. Those that bash me here about my marriage are delusionals. And yes OP I pack my bags many times into my going on 3 years old marriage.

In fact he just told me to leave again just coz I ask him why he decided to have an FB account.

He is the ONLY one I talk to again after fighting again and again and again.

And I am the type that if I get mad at you I won't talk to you ever again. But my husband is the only one that seems to be an exception to that rule.

And my husband has done me wrong many times. Some of them even unforgivable on my book.

My only advice if you do walk away, make sure he gives you what you want, or just don't look back anymore.

That's the only reason I keep coming back coz my husband does/gives what I want. Except kicking out his looser mooch bro. But oh well.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:05 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Quote:

If anything I'd say totally the opposite - women expect to "work" at relationships and men are more likely to give them up if they require much attention at all. Relationships are not easy, but neither should you have to constantly work at them - there should be a lot of fun and carefree moments mixed in with the challenges and disagreements.

Old 09-22-2015, 06:10 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,735,265 times
Honestly, I am married and my easiest relationship so far has been the one with my husband. I never once had to guess, "Will he call me? What did he mean when he said some cryptic phrase? Will he commit to me?" It's not to say that relationships aren't work, but they also should be with two people who know where they stand with each other and aren't still saying one thing and meaning another.

I don't believe a woman should chase down a man to figure out what does he mean when he said, "I had a great time".... but he didn't call back after six days or we've been together for months, but not in the way I want - "why?" I just believe that part of it shouldn't be so difficult, because the men that want to be with you let it be known.

Old 09-28-2015, 12:59 PM

388 posts, read 382,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlikeme View Post
Honestly, I am married and my easiest relationship so far has been the one with my husband. I never once had to guess, "Will he call me? What did he mean when he said some cryptic phrase? Will he commit to me?" It's not to say that relationships aren't work, but they also should be with two people who know where they stand with each other and aren't still saying one thing and meaning another.

I don't believe a woman should chase down a man to figure out what does he mean when he said, "I had a great time".... but he didn't call back after six days or we've been together for months, but not in the way I want - "why?" I just believe that part of it shouldn't be so difficult, because the men that want to be with you let it be known.
Love is when you know where you stand with somebody. Every relationship is hard work but there's a mutual give and take, effort on both sides. When the effort is imbalanced, you gotta go for your own sanity and dignity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships