Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2015, 08:59 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I used to live on the upper east side. I have no idea what you are talking about.
I know exactly what he is talking about.

Lots of 40 something...career minded....educated.....high successful...LONELY women.

Upper East side is full f them.

Any guy with money will have his pick of women to be with in that area.

I have a buddy that works in entertainment. Makes $200K plus a year. Sometimes much more.

He has them lined up. All late 30's to mid 40's.

Sad what the world has turned into.

Bunch of selfish....lonely....people....looking for a fantasy.

There is no shortage of men or women.

Just many people that are stuck in their ways and either unwilling to lower their

crazy standards to find a good man or woman.

Old 10-11-2015, 09:02 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,307,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
This is very true. From my observation I only observe two types of women. Single mom who have men on the regular and no husband, careerist picky women. Both groups will not find a husband because they are picky and time is against them, but also works against them. 30s takes a nose dive for women.
The thing with single moms (disclaimer, this is my opinion yes the truth hurts)

They have a child/children, no man who has things going for him in life is going to commit to her. One of the most emasculating things a man can do is raise another man's child. That's suckerhood 101.

Careerist women are on the same flip, a lot have grown up hearing that men and women are the same/equal but reality is we're not. The sexes are meant to compliment each other. So when you have this women telling you about her degrees with masculine bravado, it's more than likely she channels her maternal aspect is through her pets or her bar tab.

It's sad because people should have some love in their life, but hey that's reality.

Old 10-11-2015, 09:04 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,608,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
A good deal of those women were also trying to be like Sarah Jessica Parker and emulate the Sex and the city lifestyle. That show did a lot of damage, and now you have a new generation of women trying to emulate a degenerate like Lena Dunham from girls. A good deal of those women from the UES you'll find in Williamsburg, Bushwick, Ridgewood trying to relive their glory days. It's really sad, I had to rep you for that observation.
City women scoffed at Sex and the City then, and scoff at Lena Dunham's crappy show now.

And newsflash: not everyone wants to pop out kids.

But keep bashing. That's why no one wants you pieces of garbage.

Old 10-11-2015, 09:06 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,590,988 times
Women need just one thing to get laid, and all of them have it. Men must display their fitness to secure mating success. Mostly it is social fitness expressed as status/stuff a male already has or he has a potential to acquire it. Biological fitness is also important albeit it is secondary, or even tertiary for older guys. One must up use his raw masculinity young, the older male gets the less important it is for mating games, up to a point.

Old 10-11-2015, 09:08 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
City women scoffed at Sex and the City then, and scoff at Lena Dunham's crappy show now.

This is a modern trend that is completely society-driven. You do realize that our primary reason for existing is reproduction and propagating the human race, right? This is true of both women and men.

Old 10-11-2015, 09:12 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
This is very true. From my observation I only observe two types of women. Single mom who have men on the regular and no husband, careerist picky women. Both groups will not find a husband because they are picky and time is against them, but also works against them. 30s takes a nose dive for women.
Your observation is not correct for everyone. I am a "career woman", married to a man of my choosing who is successful, and happy. I was picky and waited on the right man. My mother was a "career woman" who waited on the right man for her. Pretty much every woman I know has a career today. The days of Suzy Homemaker waiting on her man to come home so she can pamper him are pretty much gone.

Old 10-11-2015, 09:13 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
This is a modern trend that is completely society-driven. You do realize that our primary reason for existing is reproduction and propagating the human race, right? This is true of both women and men.
Eh, I say most couples are still having kids nowadays. This isn't that much of an issue.

What I'd agree with is that a lot of them are having kids at a later age.

2,006 posts, read 4,307,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post

The newsflash is everyone wants to have a child eventually. I didn't want one for a long time, you cant ignore your biology. As one poster said, that trend is society driven. It's also a mental health issue as well. In some cases it's good that some people don't have children.

1,384 posts, read 1,056,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I went in looking for truly compatible partner who met certain criteria.
Ah, yes, the laundry list.

Well, it seems like you met the guy that met every one of your criteria (which is not surprising for a woman doing OLD).

You have my sincerest congratulations!

Old 10-11-2015, 09:14 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
A good deal of those women were also trying to be like Sarah Jessica Parker and emulate the Sex and the city lifestyle. That show did a lot of damage, and now you have a new generation of women trying to emulate a degenerate like Lena Dunham from girls. A good deal of those women from the UES you'll find in Williamsburg, Bushwick, Ridgewood trying to relive their glory days. It's really sad, I had to rep you for that observation.
I have never even watched Girls, and neither have my friends. Once again some man spouting about stuff he knows nothing about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships