Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 11:21 AM

1,505 posts, read 1,809,602 times

Advertisements

I always ask what kind of relationship he is seeking. I have gotten some honest answers and I have gotten some vague answers. Most men don't want to waste their time with a woman who they know is not where they are in terms of dating. I am not out to change anyone's decision about what they want. I move on if we see dating differently. If he says what he thinks I want to hear, I will listen and watch until I can figure out his real intention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2015, 11:25 AM

20,756 posts, read 19,951,234 times
I never had to ask because all guys usually say it right away.

I had lots of guys talk about marriage on the first date which I found a bit scary.

Old 09-28-2015, 11:41 AM

507 posts, read 442,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnaBunney View Post
I've had several instances where a guy has asked me what I'm looking for in a guy, and I tell him what they are and when I ask him the same question, he answers back along the lines of "Basically the same in a woman". Is it me, or does that sound half-assed? I mean I understand that there are SOME things that I look for he is possibly looking for as well, but nothing he can come up with on his own??? When you ask someone what they're looking for after they've asked you, do you expect their answer to be at least slightly different from yours, and have some originality?
A man with originality wouldn't ask that in the first place. He might ask something like "what are you looking for from dating--something casual, serious, etc?" so he can see if you're on the same page. But asking what you're looking for in a man implies what traits you like. So what is he going to do with that information? Try to become that guy if he likes you? Use the information to appear he is that kind of guy to manipulate you? Very strange question to ask a woman.

Old 09-28-2015, 12:01 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zennia View Post
A man with originality wouldn't ask that in the first place. He might ask something like "what are you looking for from dating--something casual, serious, etc?" so he can see if you're on the same page. But asking what you're looking for in a man implies what traits you like. So what is he going to do with that information? Try to become that guy if he likes you? Use the information to appear he is that kind of guy to manipulate you? Very strange question to ask a woman.
I agree. It seems like the list of traits isn't going to be very helpful unless she says something pretty unusual. Nobody is going to say, "Dang, I'm not honest/trustworthy/kind/intelligent/hardworking/good-natured. I'm actually kind of a liar/flake/dummy/slacker/jerk, so I don't think this is going to work out."

Old 09-28-2015, 12:02 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,930,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I agree. It seems like the list of traits isn't going to be very helpful unless she says something pretty unusual. Nobody is going to say, "Dang, I'm not honest/trustworthy/kind/intelligent/hardworking/good-natured. I'm actually kind of a liar/flake/dummy/slacker/jerk, so I don't think this is going to work out."

Not verbatim, but I say something close...

Old 09-28-2015, 04:28 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I never had to ask because all guys usually say it right away.

I had lots of guys talk about marriage on the first date which I found a bit scary.
I did too and said I would make a great mom to his daughter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships