Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 06:05 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLuce View Post
My friend has been dating a guy for a few months but they are not officially in a relationship. She is all excited about taking a trip with him in a few weeks. I'm skeptical about its significance but don't want to be Debbie Downer

Do guys universally know that women believe that trips together signify more than just FWB?

Or would guys go on a weekend trip with a girl just because it's something to do?

They have been intimate already but have also just gone on dates without sex. Thoughts?
You're kind of mixing up terms here.... to me FWB isn't "dating" it's just doing the bad thing on the good foot.

Dating may include sex, but not only just sex.

That being said, not sure what are talking about here......

If they've done stuff other than straight up sex, then it's dating, why the confusion here?

It just sounds like that are very very casual.

I personally wouldn't go on a trip with a woman that I was that casual with, I would think he might like her more than you think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2015, 06:11 PM

5,294 posts, read 5,233,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLuce View Post
Whatever floats her boat. ..of course I will hear the "woe-is-me" cries if it doesn't work out. Just wondering how guys think. Geesh!
What if it does? And who says its a FWB, sounds like they are dating.

Old 09-27-2015, 06:12 PM

361 posts, read 333,579 times
Last FWB deal I was in, it lasted about 7 weeks. We would always meet at a hotel on Fri night, spend the night together, then I would go home Saturday by noon before we had to check out.'

It was strictly sex and I made it very clear to her that I was not interested in any type of dating. Sometimes she would want to do dinner, I would say NO. So, we only went out once to a bar but it was New Years Eve, so it did not feel like a date.'

Going on a weekend trip as long as you know that you are getting as much sex as you can would be OK. Do not allow her to start acting like a girlfriend though. FWB should be only about sex!

Old 09-27-2015, 06:15 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
Last FWB deal I was in, it lasted about 7 weeks. We would always meet at a hotel on Fri night, spend the night together, then I would go home Saturday by noon before we had to check out.'

It was strictly sex and I made it very clear to her that I was not interested in any type of dating. Sometimes she would want to do dinner, I would say NO. So, we only went out once to a bar but it was New Years Eve, so it did not feel like a date.'

Going on a weekend trip as long as you know that you are getting as much sex as you can would be OK. Do not allow her to start acting like a girlfriend though. FWB should be only about sex!

Thats a FB, which is very different from a FWB

And a hotel? Why? Most adults have a place

Old 09-27-2015, 06:21 PM

361 posts, read 333,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post

Well, I did not want her over at my place. I like hotels a lot for sexual escapades, you almost feel like you are on vacation. This was a very nice hotel that had a cool pool and the breakfast was always good.

Old 09-27-2015, 06:23 PM

388 posts, read 382,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You're kind of mixing up terms here.... to me FWB isn't "dating" it's just doing the bad thing on the good foot.

I personally wouldn't go on a trip with a woman that I was that casual with, I would think he might like her more than you think.
If he likes her more, why not make it official? Until then, it's a no strings casual/FWB/ with no expectations other than hanging out and casual sex.

Her friend shouldn't assume a thing. IMHO.

Old 09-27-2015, 06:24 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post

Agreed here. People get things mixed up. A FWB is someone whom you care about as a friend. Like any friend, you respect them, love being with them, can be there for one another emotionally, but again, you're both not dating nor have the interest in boyfriend / girlfriend thing, least not with one another. That's some people misread it so much. One person is acting like an actual friend, but because they aren't saying "get lost" after sex, then "they must love me and want more." No. They see you as a friend, whom they sleep with now and again. But the sex is not the bulk or main focus on the relationship. it's an extra, hence the name "benefit", which isn't the entire check.

A F. Buddy is where neither party care about one another, and only meet to shag and leave. There may be some non-sexual contact, but it'll be very shallow. No deep emotional attachment or care there. Almost like an acquaintance. Because just hanging with someone now and again, or talking doesn't make a "friend." If you're not "friends', it's not FWB.

13,520 posts, read 22,118,032 times
"Guys: would you go on a weekend trip with a FWB?"

Why, yes, yes I would.

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaWilde View Post
If he likes her more, why not make it official? Until then, it's a no strings casual/FWB/ with no expectations other than hanging out and casual sex.

Her friend shouldn't assume a thing. IMHO.
Truth be told her friend should keep her snout out of it period.

Old 09-27-2015, 06:27 PM

388 posts, read 382,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
Well, I did not want her over at my place. I like hotels a lot for sexual escapades, you almost feel like you are on vacation. This was a very nice hotel that had a cool pool and the breakfast was always good.
Typical FB arrangement
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships