Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2016, 11:13 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,347,498 times

Advertisements

This thread is 7 Mod cut: language hundred comments. What is it exactly about this guy's threat to flounce off that makes so many women interested in "helping" him? He seems to display all of the crappy attitudes that get other people dismissed pretty quickly.

Astounded that women don't beat a path to his door-----check

Blames those women---------------------------------------check

Calls women names and especially identifies a subset---check
of women for abuse

Starts thread by threatening to run away if women------check
don't change

I know I'm telling people how to do the internet and that's always questionable. I haven't followed the thread closely, but when I've dropped in it's been different page, same crap. I'm not really invested one way or the other, but I am genuinely curious as to why his self pitying vitriol didn't alienate more people? If there really is a difference, something about his plea that seemed more genuine or worthwhile that I don't see, please clue me in.

Last edited by Mikala43; 06-16-2016 at 11:22 AM..

Old 06-16-2016, 11:17 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,930,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
but I am genuinely curious as to why his self pitying vitriol didn't alienate more people? If there really is a difference, something about his plea that seemed more genuine or worthwhile that I don't see, please clue me in.
he had pictures in his ad, try it

Old 06-16-2016, 11:39 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
This thread is 7 Mod cut: language hundred comments. What is it exactly about this guy's threat to flounce off that makes so many women interested in "helping" him? He seems to display all of the crappy attitudes that get other people dismissed pretty quickly.

of women for abuse

don't change

I know I'm telling people how to do the internet and that's always questionable. I haven't followed the thread closely, but when I've dropped in it's been different page, same crap. I'm not really invested one way or the other, but I am genuinely curious as to why his self pitying vitriol didn't alienate more people? If there really is a difference, something about his plea that seemed more genuine or worthwhile that I don't see, please clue me in.
For me, I'm mostly "bye, Felicia," but I found his admission of seething rage and suicidal/homicidal thoughts quite alarming. I want him to get psychiatric help.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:45 AM

48,522 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Made me go look up the whole "bye felicia" thing.....
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-16-2016, 11:51 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotucker99 View Post

You guys are making up stuff maybe because you (as a REAL WOMAN) decided to settle for a grown man who rides the bus to work, is FAT and doesn't take his health seriously by staying committed to a workout/healthy eating lifestyle. That's not my fault and it's not the fault of women who prefer these IMPORTANT qualities to be in a man she might potentially make kids with.
What the hell are you talking about? No we sure as hell didn't. I mean what the what...? You are literally grabbing stories out of thin air.

This is all only getting weirder. The reason the sane girls stay away is that it's easy to sense that all is not exactly well here. That leaves you with the ones who have serious issues and until you address your own (and they are major, holy cow) you are in NO position to object to what you attract.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
For me, I'm mostly "bye, Felicia," but I found his admission of seething rage and suicidal/homicidal thoughts quite alarming. I want him to get psychiatric help.
Same. If all this is true/accurate, there could be danger here, for both the OP and the objects of his rage, and no, I'm not being dramatic...I mean this is just...yikes, I don't know. It is seriously disturbing. Get help, OP. I don't know what else anyone can tell you at this point. Just try one appointment, see how it goes. You need to start somewhere, just take that first step.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:55 AM

1,901 posts, read 1,828,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Oh, and the one time I did date a guy with an expensive, flashy car, I was embarrassed about it because I thought it made him look like he was trying too hard and that it made me look like a golddigger to be seen with him in it. I prefer boring, reliable cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
Likewise. I personally don't find expensive cars too appealing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
LOL the one guy I dated who drove a mercedes was a complete jacka**. So, yeah, I will take a nice guy with a good heart who drives a toyota over a jerk with an expensive car any day. Material things don't mean squat if the man's personality sucks or he is just a douchebag in general.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
Or flashy car/ big truck a sign of the dreaded "Little Man Syndrome".
Lol, omg. What are you folks like over 40 or something? Have you hit "The Wall" or something like that because come on, these comments are getting ridiculous

Lol, Sweet Sugar says dating a guy with a nice car means he's trying too hard, so she prefers guys with boring cars. So a guy making near or over 6 figures a year should only drive a Ford Focus because well, you know, if he decides to LIVE a little and ENJOY his money a little, that means he's trying too hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Your target should be the kind who like nerdy and geeky black guys. Why not get in touch with that side again.
I have both sides running at one time that are mixed in with each other. I have the "rough around the edges" side mixed in with the nerd/intellectual side. And in terms of targeting black women who like nerdy/geeky black guys, well, for one black women don't walk around with a SIGN on them that says, "Only Nerds Apply".

What I find is that there are universal ATTRACTION traits that seem to hit cylinders with just about every woman. It's usually centered around as a guy:

- Being "cute" in the face
- Having a nice body
- Having an engaging personality by being able to carry on a conversation and flirt without being creepy
- Wearing nice cologne
- Having your "stuff" together financially in terms of having a nice car, having a nice place, having a decent/good job and a degree/or in college

I've been dating/screwing a lot of women since 2010 because all of these have been on point and are implemented in full.

And again, the type of chicks I LIKE are chicks like the JNICE and chicks like Auraliea. I'm talking about chicks that are beautiful as all HELL, intelligent, can carry on a convo, don't have 5 kids from 5 different deadbeats, she has her finances together and doesn't need to ask me to pay her rent, and she has the capability of LOVING me.

That's my type and I know it when I SEE it, I can just SENSE it. I've never met, spoken to, kissed, or did anything with Auraliea but I know damn well if that chick was on OKC, or if I seen her in line at Subway getting a 6 inch Turkey Breast on Wheat Bread (not toasted)....I would be ALL OVER IT

Old 06-16-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:

of women for abuse

don't change

Threads that go on and on with repeat answers are far from rare around here, why is it this one specifically that moves you to question people's motives? You might get a lot more out of investigating that answer than probing our motivations, let us know what you come up with.

Old 06-16-2016, 12:07 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
I never can understand why people come asking for advice then argue with it or ignore it. What is the point?

Old 06-16-2016, 12:24 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotucker99 View Post
Lol, omg. What are you folks like over 40 or something? Have you hit "The Wall" or something like that because come on, these comments are getting ridiculous
Oh no.....not "the wall"

This is getting good, Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships