Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2008, 11:39 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,732,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
I am trying to stick on the original question, but had to comment on your replies, are you just trying to be imflammatory or funny? If you are, you're getting an "F" so far.
I've heard plenty of similiar stories nationwide (like the one DaBeez is talking about). Look at Tiger Woods and Halle Berry, I'm sure they looked like that when they were younger and they are 2 of the best looking celebreties around.
but Tiger is ugly :O

Old 01-30-2008, 11:55 AM

2,355 posts, read 2,182,490 times
Wow...just reading all of these posts has been truly interesting...thanks!

I will comment that I agree with all of you who state dating is based on attraction, not your race or ethnicity. I am a Latina who, like another poster, has dated lots of different races, even my own, but I dated them because of attraction, not because of the color of their skin. However, I ended up with a guy who is white but has a little bit of everything in him, even Puerto Rican, but you couldn't tell by looking at him (he has auburn hair). So...we'll see how our kids look...and I would be proud if they looked like me or not...

Old 01-30-2008, 12:38 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,984,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Sen P,

Who's to say that a white woman coupled with a white man will have children that look like her. The only thing they might share is skin color. You do know that skin color is only one aspect of appearance right?
You beat me to it, Yayoi

Old 01-30-2008, 12:47 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,831,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadel812 View Post
...I can only say that my preference is to date Jamaican men.........solely based on culture.
Rastafarians have the biggest joints.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:48 PM

Ooooo I'll have to check them out

Old 01-30-2008, 01:15 PM

127 posts, read 378,317 times
Although I am attracted to guys of other races I stuck with my own kind to honor my father whom I admire and respect. Everyone has different ideas about what is attractive. Although many others disagree with me I think mixed race people are generally not more attractive than people of the same race. Some are beautiful but most of the ones walking the streets are average. Diluted colors, and features that get all mixed up looking like Tiger Woods. Senator P has an opinion different than you and feel threatened by it. He makes a good point - it's not easy raising mixed race kids. They claim it's hard to fit in. So what if it is racist to want to stick with your own kind? There is nothing anyone can do about it.

Last edited by divinemom; 01-30-2008 at 01:38 PM..

Old 01-30-2008, 01:23 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,527,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by divinemom View Post
Although I am attracted to guys of other races I stuck with my own kind out of respect for my father whom I admire and respect. Everyone has different ideas about what is attractive. Although many others disagree with me I think mixed race people are generally unattractive. Some are beautiful but most of the ones walking the strees are average. Diluted colors, and features that get all mixed up looking like Tiger Woods.
Sad comment, I admit the following is off the topic, but statements like this may verify that america is still a big time racist country that would never elect someone like Obama or Colin Powell or Condi Rice if push came to shove.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:27 PM

1,222 posts, read 4,605,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by divinemom View Post
Although I am attracted to guys of other races I stuck with my own kind to honor my father whom I admire and respect. Everyone has different ideas about what is attractive. Although many others disagree with me I think mixed race people are generally not more attractive than people of the same race. Some are beautiful but most of the ones walking the strees are average. Diluted colors, and features that get all mixed up looking like Tiger Woods. I think Senator Palp has a point - it's not easy raising mixed race kids. They claim it's hard to fit in. Also if your spouse is another race/culture so are the inlaws. That can't be easy!
And white people are all the same colour and beautiful ???
In a civilised country it is no different raising mixed raised kids to any other kids
Is this your opinion or your Fathers ??

Old 01-30-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Sad comment, I admit the following is off the topic, but statements like this may verify that america is still a big time racist country that would never elect someone like Obama or Colin Powell or Condi Rice if push came to shove.
I hear you, Beenhere

Old 01-30-2008, 01:47 PM

127 posts, read 378,317 times
Quote:
Wow it's nice of you to prejudge me. Just because I would choose to marry someone of my race does not mean I have anything against a black person becoming president. You are kind of scary - I get Nazi vibes from you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships