Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 05:26 PM

179 posts, read 295,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
As I and others have asked - have you told him you love him? If not, why does he have to be the first to say it? And I don't agree that 6-9 months is necessarily a long enough time for him to say the "L" word. If he's been hurt before, it would be very scary for him.
In his last relationship, the one where the girl repeatedly hurt him, he said "I love you" within the first month.

I haven't said I love you because he was the one who insisted from the start that we take it slow. So the way I see it, the onus is on him to say the words first because if I were to say it first, I would feel like I was rushing him or pressuring him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 05:31 PM

I agree that actions speak louder than words. And I certainly appreciate that he is loving to me in deed rather than being someone who says "I love you" but treats me like ****. That said, I still need to hear the words. If someone is not saying "I love you," it does beg the question, "Why???"

Old 09-30-2015, 05:32 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Maybe, he just not there yet.

It boggles me that a couple can't talk these things out and have to ask other people. Sigh. It seems, people have lost the ability to communicate these days

Old 09-30-2015, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Maybe, he just not there yet.

It boggles me that a couple can't talk these things out and have to ask other people. Sigh. It seems, people have lost the ability to communicate these days
I communicate with him about every issue I have. But "I love you" is something I want him to say to me without me having to communicate to him first my need to hear it.

And how does someone talk about it anyway? "Hey, you haven't said I love you. Why? When are you going to say it?" That sounds manipulative, almost.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:38 PM

388 posts, read 382,744 times
I'm hesitant to say I love you unless I feel committed and ready. 6 months could be early for him, did you tell him you love him?

Did you ask him why he doesn't say it? Could be your answer there.

If it still bothers you, tell him.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:39 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,344 times
He is not comfortable with saying it yet!! Obviously. For God's sake don't go saying anything to him about it. The guy is nice to you, treats you well, and now has introduced you to his family. He seems to like you, just taking his time. Leave it alone unless you want to mess things up.

Leave.....It......Alone.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:41 PM

388 posts, read 382,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgirl10000 View Post
I communicate with him about every issue I have. But "I love you" is something I want him to say to me without me having to communicate to him first my need to hear it.

And how does someone talk about it anyway? "Hey, you haven't said I love you. Why? When are you going to say it?" That sounds manipulative, almost.
But you love him right? Are you being direct and telling him that?

A guy is a moron if his girl tells him she loves him and he doesn't get the hint.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:43 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,353,637 times
Quote:

Well, then the way I see it it is that you need to sit down and talk to him. Tell him that you understand his need to take things slowly but that you are in love with him and need to know whether he thinks he can/does reciprocate those feelings. If he says no - you have your answer. If he says "I don't know yet" that is also an answer. If he can assure you that he is close to having those feelings - then proceed with caution and agree on a time in the near future (say- 3 months) to revisit the conversation. It can't hurt for him to know that you love him, but will not wait forever for him to love you back. It's standing up for yourself and not letting him always dictate the conditions of the relationship. If you need to move on - he needs to know that you will after a respectable period of time.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:46 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:

He could very well go on for years without saying it; what then? If you're unhappy about the situation....you need to speak up. Expecting things to magically happen without say isn't going cut it in a relationship.

In a sincere tone: "Hey Hun? Do you love me???" (If yes) "how come you haven't said it?"

See....simple

Old 09-30-2015, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
He could very well go on for years without saying it; what then? If you're unhappy about the situation....you need to speak up. Expecting things to magically happen without say isn't going cut it in a relationship.

In a sincere tone: "Hey Hun? Do you love me???" (If yes) "how come you haven't said it?"

See....simple
Oh, god. That doesn't sound so simple! I'm gonna have an anxiety attack. 🙊
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships