Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 07:44 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,792,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoninternetguy View Post
40% are women playing candy crush on their phone. They're not playing call of duty on PlayStation. That stat is misleading. When someone gripes about people playing video games, they aren't whining about farmville and games on a smart phone.
+1. As a relatively serious gamer, I twitch every time I hear that statistic being repeated somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
Are there any grown women who isn't obsessed with reality shows?
Well played.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 08:12 AM

231 posts, read 201,781 times
Not all grown men are obsessed with video games.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:45 AM

151 posts, read 159,386 times
I don't play videogames anymore, but I don't work or have career ambition either. What does that make me?

Old 10-13-2015, 11:26 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,494,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosk8er View Post
I don't play videogames anymore, but I don't work or have career ambition either. What does that make me?
Aware of reality?

I have to take a gander that if I put a POF profile up tomorrow, I won't exactly be "very ambitious". I already have all the fancy and expensive pieces of paper I'm going to get and having first class views of Bangladeshi chick with weird tick (my hunch was arsenic poisoning growing up in her case...so sad) getting promotions makes you step back and wonder if working your back side off is worth it.

Old 10-14-2015, 12:55 AM

1,763 posts, read 2,045,946 times
a 35 yo man grew up with nintendo. so the zelda reference is normal.

But girls back then were still into barbie dolls. It's only Generation Y chicks that are more into games

Old 10-14-2015, 01:29 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Real men play the original SNAKES and Ladders.

Not the baby whitewashed version.
real men drive race cars, not video game consoles.

while i play a variety of board games, including monopoly, chess, acquire, etc. understand that these game do help to keep the mind sharp because you are constantly thinking ahead in the games.

Old 10-14-2015, 03:14 PM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
I think it's important to find someone who either shares your interests (to some degree, or is at least willing to give it a try)...or someone who is not so devoted to <whatever> that it is overwhelming and makes the SO feel shut out.

I knew a guy, kinda liked him on some levels, who told me that he would literally rather play video games than have sex. And that he expected his girl to be understanding of that fact. And yet, videogames aren't the MOST important thing in his life. He says that his kids, who live in another state, are. But he is lying. Marijuana is. He can't be without it for a matter of hours without acting like a jerk. He is not only unemployed, but because he's cute and plays guitar, he gets women to support him anywhere he goes. But see, one day he's going to get old, the cute won't be there for him anymore, and his means of survival (and getting pot) is going to dry up. He wants to start a career streaming gamer vids, on Twitch. Unfortunately, that takes motivation, and he has none.

I've got two interests lately that consume a lot of my time and energy and passion. Certain kink stuff and the community...and GWAR, which has been a thing I've been seriously into for years. A guy doesn't have to be completely into either, but if he's absolutely disinterested in both, we aren't likely to enjoy much compatibility. Nothing wrong with that. Plenty of fish in the sea.

Old 10-14-2015, 03:18 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
I can't wait till Halo 5 comes out on the 27th

Old 10-14-2015, 03:20 PM

2,148 posts, read 1,695,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I think it's important to find someone who either shares your interests (to some degree, or is at least willing to give it a try)...or someone who is not so devoted to <whatever> that it is overwhelming and makes the SO feel shut out.

I knew a guy, kinda liked him on some levels, who told me that he would literally rather play video games than have sex. And that he expected his girl to be understanding of that fact. And yet, videogames aren't the MOST important thing in his life. He says that his kids, who live in another state, are. But he is lying. Marijuana is. He can't be without it for a matter of hours without acting like a jerk. He is not only unemployed, but because he's cute and plays guitar, he gets women to support him anywhere he goes. But see, one day he's going to get old, the cute won't be there for him anymore, and his means of survival (and getting pot) is going to dry up. He wants to start a career streaming gamer vids, on Twitch. Unfortunately, that takes motivation, and he has none.

I've got two interests lately that consume a lot of my time and energy and passion. Certain kink stuff and the community...and GWAR, which has been a thing I've been seriously into for years. A guy doesn't have to be completely into either, but if he's absolutely disinterested in both, we aren't likely to enjoy much compatibility. Nothing wrong with that. Plenty of fish in the sea.
Sounds kinda Sketchy to me.

Old 10-14-2015, 03:25 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoninternetguy View Post
40% are women playing candy crush on their phone. They're not playing call of duty on PlayStation. That stat is misleading. When someone gripes about people playing video games, they aren't whining about farmville and games on a smart phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
+1. As a relatively serious gamer, I twitch every time I hear that statistic being repeated somewhere.
Right?

No, Candy Crush and FaceBook games are not video games. Ugh. Fellow female gamers would agree.

Afdinatl, Married at First Sight and its spin-off were the last reality shows I watched. It was an interesting show based on a social experiment. My husband watched it with me. Other than that, it's a no-go for realit shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships