Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 03:07 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
I mean how you said i wasnt attractive to be around out of nowhere in other thread

but maybe im confusing usernames??

In any case, good luck with everything, sincerily.

Women can be nice creatures and sensitive too, and surely will like to find a guy thats kind and sensitive and nice, honestly, the exterior doesnt matter so much. I know i did. I did find a guy who other women were stupid enough to let go. I wasnt. Thats why i ve been "lucky": in reality i wasnt lucky, i just was wise enough to see a good man and recognize him and let him love me.
No you got the right person but I did NOT say you were unattractive, I don't even know you or what you look like. I was saying screaming misogyny at every post was the mark of a super sensitive person which is not attractive to people to make them take you seriously. Here is exactly what I said.

Quote:
I think you should ask yourself the same question in your last sentence. You seem super sensitive, that is never attractive to anyone.
And where I clarified it:

Quote:
Attractive in terms of people being able to stand being around you. People will not put up with someone who complains at every turn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 03:08 PM

52,245 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Yeah...unfortunately a lot of other AAs I have met during my life (including my own family) are very hard on those who are different.

People like me would often be called "oreos" or "white girls/boys" because we weren't "stereotypical." Despite that, I was much more comfortable in my skin back then. I embrace my traits now, though I still do feel insecure sometimes.

Since I started college, A LOT of people took to me VERY quickly and I have made tons of friends. Being a "nerd" is definitely considered "cool" now...especially by the black guys I have met lol. It's honestly kind of funny, it's like the tables turned.
I purposely avoided those terms "Oreo" and the like to not be offensive. For what it's worth, I wished I had half the brains as you when I was your age. I didn't wise up to my later 20's.....

Just keep on keeping on and you'll do well in life.

Old 10-06-2015, 04:05 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Let's hope in any carnation..... I've never seen a larger group of woman haters as I do here in the forum... don't get me wrong, there's a few harpies running around here too, but they seem to be outnumbered by the men.....
It's not a man or woman thing. It's a people thing. Some people can't take responsibility for their own actions and have to blame others.

Old 10-06-2015, 04:12 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,028,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I don't have the resources to afford decent conseuling, plus I've tried free conseuling at my school which didn't help much.
It's a matter of making it a priority. Does your workplace have an EAP? You work in finance so couldn't you find a way to fit it into your budget? You are aware of it all which is half the battle, so why don't you want to change badly enough to do something about it?

I just saw a quote on a Facebook, not attributed to anyone:

Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Old 10-06-2015, 04:19 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I deal with that the same way I dealt with being bullied, taking it in and lashing out at anyone who didn't have anything to do with it. I just wish that I could meet someone who wouldn't see just a socially awkward giant and be creeped out at first sight but would give me a chance at showing the Diss underneath a lot of anger and hurt.
A woman with healthy instincts is not going to want to be involved with a man who if full of anger and hasn't learned to let go of hurt.

I'm thinking she would be also be freaked out by the fact that you think it is OK to lash out at people who have nothing to do with any suffering you might be going through.

Old 10-06-2015, 04:28 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
A woman with healthy instincts is not going to want to be involved with a man who if full of anger and hasn't learned to let go of hurt.

I'm thinking she would be also be freaked out by the fact that you think it is OK to lash out at people who have nothing to do with any suffering you might be going through.
I didn't say a thing about it being okay, I just do it subconsciously. I want to find a way to not do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships