Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 01:58 PM

1,273 posts, read 991,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
So, why not work to fix your messed up marriage?
Because my marriage isn't messed up, I am. My husband remarked he enjoyed my increased energy, self esteem, patience and with him and the children, and independence he noticed recently. He is really happy with me right now. I am going to hold on to the positive things I got from my relationship with the other guy and keep pouring that into my relationship with my husband.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 02:00 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
You both did the right thing by getting rid of the pictures, stopping contact, etc. Now, go channel all of your energy and efforts into repairing your marriage. Also, you might want to be extra cautious at avoiding getting into the same situation again in the future; not everyone can handle platonic friendships with the opposite sex (especially if their marriage isn't in a good place), in which case a harmless crush can progress into a full-blown affair (whether emotional or physical, doesn't really mater which) if you're not careful with respecting boundaries.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:03 PM

86 posts, read 76,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
I've suggested that to hubs in the past. He is profoundly against it. .
Can't imagine why...

Quote:
He is extremely devout and sees any extramarital sex as sinful.
Even if he wasnt religious, most dudes aren't down with their wives getting banged by other dudes. I probably would have divorced you for even suggesting it

So what's the deal? He not able to knock it out in bed?

Quote:
Because my marriage isn't messed up
Might want to re-think that

Quote:
My husband remarked he enjoyed my increased energy, self esteem, patience and with him and the children, and independence he noticed recently. He is really happy with me right now. I am going to hold on to the positive things I got from my relationship with the other guy and keep pouring that into my relationship with my husband.
Because you are having an emotional affair with some other dude... probably thinking of him when you bang your husband too or when you rub one out

Old 10-02-2015, 02:04 PM

Picking the kids up. I have to pull it together for them so they don't know mommy's been crying all day.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:08 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
I'm married, he's married. We never had sex, we kept away from each other physically but we crossed the line emotionally.

I've blocked him on social media and deleted any pics and messages, but I'm literally torn apart inside. I'm still in love with him. This just happened and I didn't want it to, so that's probably why it is so hard for me.

I was angry and mean to him when he said he needed to back off, so I could give him a reason to write me off easier and move on, if he even cares that is. For all I know he never really loved me like he said, but I want to believe he did. I don't want to be the reason he has problems in his marriage.

I seriously can't breathe, I'm bawling my eyes out and I don't know that this feeling will ever go away. I can't tell anyone, I'm all alone in this.

How do you get over someone who you can't hate?
And husband is not wondering why you cry all the time? He might not be as clueless as you think.

Focus on your family and don't ruin what you have. I would suggest to work on yourself so such a situation does never happen again. Your husband doesn't deserve that.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frustrated68 View Post
Can't imagine why...

Even if he wasnt religious, most dudes aren't down with their wives getting banged by other dudes. I probably would have divorced you for even suggesting it

So what's the deal? He not able to knock it out in bed?

Might want to re-think that

Because you are having an emotional affair with some other dude... probably thinking of him when you bang your husband too or when you rub one out

His drive is much lower than mine. I could have sex 2-3 times daily. He has incredible stamina though and when we do have sex it's body shaking mind blowing good. I love sex, he could go without for weeks. I told him that wasn't acceptable for me, and he's stepped it up to 2 or 3 times a week, plus he's agreed that if he doesn't want intercourse he'll accommodate me in other ways, and he rarely turns down head, which I especially like performing.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
And husband is not wondering why you cry all the time? He might not be as clueless as you think.

Focus on your family and don't ruin what you have. I would suggest to work on yourself so such a situation does never happen again. Your husband doesn't deserve that.
I won't ever happen again, this other guy has that spot in my heart for life.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:14 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
Picking the kids up. I have to pull it together for them so they don't know mommy's been crying all day.
You need to give yourself some private time to grieve... get it out. Then recompose yourself for the rest of the day. Trust me... you physically and emotionally need to let it happen.

I actually informed my manager about what is going on (no detail.. but he's a stand up guy). He said that he wouldn't give me trouble if I suddenly had to excuse myself from work for short periods of time. I do still get my work done. I go for walks to clear my mind and gather my thoughts. Sometimes, I stream my thoughts to my journal at my desk and re-read them later. Whatever it takes to get it out.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post

I told him I was just stressed about other things

I cry when stressed, so he was satisfied with that explanation.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:17 PM

86 posts, read 76,373 times
Quote:
His drive is much lower than mine. I could have sex 2-3 times daily. He has incredible stamina though and when we do have sex it's body shaking mind blowing good. I love sex, he could go without for weeks. I told him that wasn't acceptable for me, and he's stepped it up to 2 or 3 times a week, plus he's agreed that if he doesn't want intercourse he'll accommodate me in other ways, and he rarely turns down head, which I especially like performing.
Ok, so what's the problem then?

Expecting multiple times a day, or even every day from someone who I am guessing is in his 40's may be a ***** much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships