Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 02:48 PM

133 posts, read 221,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Why would your Dad be keeping up with, or still in contact with an ex girlfriend if he married your mom. Something is not right about that and to be so excited to invite her into their home. I can't say that I blame your mom for not being cool with that. I personally don't know any female that would be cool with something like that. If your mom don't feel right about it, then I think your dad should consider her feelings first and foremost, she is the lady of the house after all. Many guys wouldn't even suggest asking their wife to go along with something like that.
THANK YOU!!! Something is up in my opinion as well. I'm trying to keep in mind of average Married couples. Even people that have been seriously dating tend to get rid of the ex's at a certain point leading to marriage. I think this is dis- respect to my Mom. If she say's she doesn't like this situation then, he shouldn't force his wishes on her. But it's kind of an action of what he want's to do only. I can only go by what she tells me but she seemed to be very sad about it- not herself on the phone. I felt really sad because she shouldn't be treated like that. But, this female needs to get a life. It seems as though she is trying to show up to check things out and stir up things in their household. Why would you look up an old friend as HE said. They probably have been in contact and telling my Mother whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2015, 02:50 PM

507 posts, read 442,693 times
It sounds like your Dad is being very up front with your mother.

Of course, this could be a ruse to lull her into a false sense of security--a fling hidden in plain sight.

But honestly? The biggest faux pas here is that he invited someone, anyone, over to the house without clearing it with your mother, not out of any sense of duty or obligation, but consideration for her as his wife and the other person who lives in the home.

And I certainly hope he's not expecting your mother to cook!

Old 10-03-2015, 02:52 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Honestly if it was that short of a relationship from that long ago I wouldn't care. Unless she thinks your dad is up to no good, I'm not seeing the problem.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-03-2015, 02:56 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Uh.

iWth is wrong with people?

Just bc someone is an ex doesn't mean evergone is gonna get nekkid.

We have had social encounterrs with exes over here.

Usually they are exes for a reason. Been there, done that. You are a nice person but we don't work together.

Old 10-03-2015, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Honestly if it was that short of a relationship from that long ago I wouldn't care. Unless she thinks your dad is up to no good, I'm not seeing the problem.
Some women care and some don't!! That's simple and plain. I asked - any thoughts and some feel it's dis-respectful and some don't care at all bring allllllllll the women to the house you want. The bottom line here is there's not much matching up with what my Dad is telling my Mom. If it were for just this short time - who would care about that dude!! When I was dating 4-5 months really would not be worth a drive from Austin- TX to Houston, TX - it's not down the street. They have nice men in Austin also there's no shortage there that I know of. So, 4-5 months really is not matching with the actions here. That's they way I view it- others may see it differently.

Old 10-03-2015, 03:04 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,191,612 times
[quote=kalfur;41429213]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
Not at all foul. Your mom is being juvenile.

If your dad was being nefarious, he would have dinner with his ex WITHOUT YOUR MOM. She should take it as a compliment - he is showing off his wonderful wife, who is not exactly behaving wonderfully right now.

The house and cars being in tip-top shape furthers shows his attitude that he is proud of your mom and the life they have together.

Why is she being so silly? Furthermore, why are you feeding it?[/quote Are you married? I disagree with you and so does others viewing this situation including males. Man or woman who's keeping up with an ex for that many years? He probably has had dinner with this WOMAN WITHOUT MY MOM. What's even more unfair is that she can not do the same to invite an EX from her past. He has declined her from having female friends. So, this is still not a fair line up. I think some people do need to speak up. Even though a man is head of household does not give him total authority to by pass his wife's concerns. These type of women that can't seem to move on in life - clinging to old memories ------NEED TO GET A LIFE. Move on there's too many men in the world to be stalking a married couple. I disagree with you.
Yes, I have been the wife in that same scenario - met the old GF and had a great time. Twice - and both were very nice.

If you want true answers, you need to include pertinent info, like the bolded part above - like Georgia Lover said. The bolded part indicates that the relationship is lopsided.

Sooooo......I was the hostess twice for old GFs - but could also invite over anyone I wanted. There is the difference.

Old 10-03-2015, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Uh.

iWth is wrong with people?

Just bc someone is an ex doesn't mean evergone is gonna get nekkid.

We have had social encounterrs with exes over here.

Usually they are exes for a reason. Been there, done that. You are a nice person but we don't work together.
Sounds like the OP is only about 11 - the parents have been married for 12 years - and didn't know each other prior.

Old 10-03-2015, 03:12 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
Sounds like the OP is only about 11 - the parents have been married for 12 years - and didn't know each other prior.
But in another thread, the OP was talking about her own husband. I'm so confused...

Old 10-03-2015, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
But in another thread, the OP was talking about her own husband. I'm so confused...
LOL - you are right - also had kids in one thread. Something is not adding up - literally.

Old 10-03-2015, 03:21 PM

[quote=cheryjohns;41429993]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfur View Post

Yes, I have been the wife in that same scenario - met the old GF and had a great time. Twice - and both were very nice.

If you want true answers, you need to include pertinent info, like the bolded part above - like Georgia Lover said. The bolded part indicates that the relationship is lopsided.

Sooooo......I was the hostess twice for old GFs - but could also invite over anyone I wanted. There is the difference.
I have included information----if people would read before typing. Yes, I understand what you are saying. I don't see anything wrong with that situation if the issues are equally understood. So, if my Mother decided to have an EX over of hers then he should gladly say OK- that's cool "When does he want to get together- you know have a little BBQ, beer and just have fun. But that's not the issue here.

Last edited by kalfur; 10-03-2015 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: mis spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships