Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2015, 07:49 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey4Life View Post
I get that, but at the same time no woman wants to be with a guy that's not seen as desirable. Women love it when their guy is seen as a catch & don't watch to be with a guy that's deemed unattractive. It's very hard for me to believe as I said numerous times that the unattractive guy can win over the attractive woman based on personality only unless he brings numerous other things to the table. And true, I suppose it could go the other way too in terms of some attractive women not bringing everything to a relationship just because their attractive. But I think most guys aim to get with the most attractive woman they can & hope she has a great personality to go with it. Some guys would get with any attractive woman regardless of their personality & than get walked all over in the relationship because she knows she can get away with it.
There are many of us women that don't give a rat's behind whether or not our man is seen by others as being desirable. The only thing that matters to me is if I desire him. Love isn't a competition. When you go through hard times, knowing that your mate is desirable really isn't going to mean that much to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2015, 09:41 AM

2,156 posts, read 3,332,775 times
The ones that I know are still together. Usually good looking wife and the average to below average husband. Many of them, the wife is more successful/more income as well. Some over time, the hot wife becomes average looking with kids so they now match their husband.

Old 10-07-2015, 09:48 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
I get that, but at the same time no woman wants to be with a guy that's not seen as desirable. Women love it when their guy is seen as a catch & don't watch to be with a guy that's deemed unattractive. It's very hard for me to believe as I said numerous times that the unattractive guy can win over the attractive woman based on personality only unless he brings numerous other things to the table. And true, I suppose it could go the other way too in terms of some attractive women not bringing everything to a relationship just because their attractive. But I think most guys aim to get with the most attractive woman they can & hope she has a great personality to go with it. Some guys would get with any attractive woman regardless of their personality & than get walked all over in the relationship because she knows she can get away with it.
But you're still talking like relationships are all about acquisition and competition. If I think a guy is fantastic, I don't really care if my friends or the public in general don't want to make out with him. *I* want to make out with him. He's not a show dog or a new car. He's a person.

Old 10-07-2015, 10:42 AM

31,035 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But you're still talking like relationships are all about acquisition and competition. If I think a guy is fantastic, I don't really care if my friends or the public in general don't want to make out with him. *I* want to make out with him. He's not a show dog or a new car. He's a person.
What if the guy is 35, unemployed, lives with his Mom, but is attractive and charismatic. Your friends see him as a loser and you see him as the greatest thing in the world. do you acknowledge your friends at all

Old 10-07-2015, 10:46 AM

75 posts, read 52,981 times
In my opinion, I would rather be with a "not so attractive" Man that treated me with respect, than a very nice man that was an ASS! Looks do not matter to me....it's what's inside. Now, a Man DOES need to be able to help pay household bills, and provide. As long as he does that, and I don't need to ASK him for money, or for him to step up and pay regular household bills (groceries, gas, electric), etc., he's fine.

Old 10-07-2015, 10:52 AM

507 posts, read 442,928 times
"He makes me laugh." -- Jessica Rabbit

Old 10-07-2015, 10:59 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
What if the guy is 35, unemployed, lives with his Mom, but is attractive and charismatic. Your friends see him as a loser and you see him as the greatest thing in the world. do you acknowledge your friends at all
I would assume that they would take into consideration the same qualities that I take into consideration. Is his unemployment situation chronic? Has he always lived with his mom, or is this a temporary arrangement? Chances are if my friends thought the guy's a loser, so would I and I wouldn't be dating him in the first place.

Old 10-07-2015, 11:08 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
I'm an average looking guy. Yesterday, my ex girlfriend who I think is attractive initiated a conversation with me. I just listened to her say she is sorry for everything and wanted a new start. I told her I wouldn't believe her dying breath and get the f**k outta my face. Good looks will only get you so far but if you're cheater like she was I want nothing to do with you.

Old 10-07-2015, 11:17 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
This is likely the case, but people posting in here assume personality & charisma triumphs all in the grand scheme of things. The first thing you see is the way they look. It's highly doubtful in most cases that charisma & personality alone will win the woman over unless he has a huge list of things going for him that makes him go from friend zone to relationship quality in their eyes. I just don't believe a very attractive woman would date an unattractive guy just due to his personality alone. He needs a lot more going for him than that.
You can believe anything you want. But the fact is that attractive women do date unattractive guys based on the strength of their personality. You just haven't observed it, that's all. But the fact that you haven't observed it doesn't mean it doesn't happen, and more often than you think.

Old 10-07-2015, 11:34 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I'm an average looking guy. Yesterday, my ex girlfriend who I think is attractive initiated a conversation with me. I just listened to her say she is sorry for everything and wanted a new start. I told her I wouldn't believe her dying breath and get the f**k outta my face. Good looks will only get you so far but if you're cheater like she was I want nothing to do with you.
You tell em dude!

Before the manners nannies come at me, this woman cheated on 49ersfan, so that is why he called her bluff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships