Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 08:01 PM

507 posts, read 442,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
He is on chemo. He's probably lucky he can get up in the morning
Then he needs to get on the phone and arrange for a visiting nurse or home care aide or someone else in the community to come by and help with household chores, for his sake and his wife's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 08:13 PM

1,794 posts, read 4,910,766 times
I think your wife needs counseling.
I think you both do.
I don't think I would want to leave my baby who was so physically
abusive to me, what is going to stop her from hitting the baby when she can't deal
with it? Is her family going to say the baby provoked her?
You can control yourself, so get help for yourself. Suggest to her she get help too.
For the child's sake, it's not all about you or her anymore.

Old 10-06-2015, 11:20 AM

395 posts, read 603,526 times
We began counseling yesterday, so we will see where this goes, but I've already mentally checked out of this relationship.

Old 10-06-2015, 11:51 AM

1,273 posts, read 990,768 times
Good thoughts going your way. Emotionally check out so you can go through counselling with a clear head and look at your options rationally as to what is best for your baby. Do not check out mentally because your child needs you even if you no longer desire to be with your wife.

All the best.

Old 11-07-2015, 11:15 PM

395 posts, read 603,526 times
So, just an update but marriage counseling really has not been working, however I finally grew a pair and have been standing up for myself. Our daughter is being baptized and my wife plans to have the party here, excluding my family because she dislikes them. This should be amusing. Also, two wks ago I contracted MRSA somehow but am now cleared. The ***** said to not touch the baby for a week or change her diaper. Its too bad Im going to do it anyways.

Old 11-09-2015, 08:46 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cm5878 View Post
So after 6 years of marriage and a 7 week old newborn, the wife and I may be splitting. Shes always saying how i never do things right, im a horrible dad, cant hold a job etc. Finally I stood up for myself thurs and said every name under the sun to her. She grabbed me, threw me on the couch and started punching me. I called the cops and now of course her family thinks im the jerk. I got to my boiling point of being made feel worthless(especially after dealing with cancer for 5 years and severe PTSD). Now she has her family all pissed off saying I provoked it. So why am I feeling guilty?
You have nothing to feel guilty about at least you didn't hit her mate ( which under the circumstances a lot of men would )

Her family will of course always side with her but I'd tell them to F off as your marriage should have nothing to do with them!!

Ps I hope you get well soon with the cancer and PTSD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships